Do you know this rig?

rocrfella

Do you know this rig?

Post by rocrfella »

Hi guys, I saw this rig a while back and I am unable to find the link to it now. Do you know where I can learn how to tie this rig?
(Sorry I sucked at drawing)

kneedeep

Re: Do you know this rig?

Post by kneedeep »

Most of the time I've seen that rig it was tied with Tri-Swivels at each of the junctions. I do know that it would be beneficial to use a much smaller diameter line for the weight itself because of the fact it may get caught up in the structure on the bottom. A smaller weight line for the weight would enable the line to break off the weight portion and not cause you to lose the fish in the case of a snag.
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
beyondhelp

Post by beyondhelp »

Here's a good pic, google dropper rig or chicken rig.

Here's a way to tie the loops if you want to skip the swivels.

krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Sabiki
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
r3krobert
Supporter 2013

Post by r3krobert »

If you find it's not worth the trouble tying and a sabiki has too many hooks, you can buy a similar ready-made flounder rig. A lot depends on what kind of fish you're after.
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Either way, arties Rock!! :cheers:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

rocrfella wrote:Hi guys, I saw this rig a while back and I am unable to find the link to it now. Do you know where I can learn how to tie this rig?

Doubt you will be offshore fishing in your kayak. This rig is great for clearing out the small snappers on your grouper spots. Also good for catching bait. Maybe you should get some frozen shrimp and head for a bridge, I hear the catfish are biting this time of year.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
rocrfella

Post by rocrfella »

BearsFan wrote:
rocrfella wrote:Hi guys, I saw this rig a while back and I am unable to find the link to it now. Do you know where I can learn how to tie this rig?

Doubt you will be offshore fishing in your kayak. This rig is great for clearing out the small snappers on your grouper spots. Also good for catching bait. Maybe you should get some frozen shrimp and head for a bridge, I hear the catfish are biting this time of year.
Nope, I'm not going offshore in my kayak. It would be insane to do so! I was thinking of pier and bridge fishing with this rig.
Walt

Post by Walt »

The rig your showing is used for Pompano fishing, and is most often used for surf or pier fishing. I've also seen it used for Flounder and Black Drum.

It is affectionately refered to as "Yankee Tackle". People come down here for two weeks and want to do some fishing from the beach, or a pier. They don't want to spend alot of money on tackle, or time learning how to rig their own stuff. They select pre-rigged tackle like what you have pictured. It's not the most effective equipment, but it can work. Catfish like it =)
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

I tie pinfish rigs like that for my kids--3 pinners will take drag on their combos.
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

I used to use that rig for cat fish...
Stanley Steemer, carpet cleaner.