Action?

bassboy

Action?

Post by bassboy »

Has ther been any action lately in the 4th street area? Heading out wednesday but if there aint been any action over there then i dont wanna waste my gas and i will stay on the southshore where the real fish are.
kneedeep

Re: Action?

Post by kneedeep »

I've been visiting the North end of the bay a little more nowadays because some of the spots are just easier to get in and out of at night. Especially since all the new fees down at Simmons. My fishin buddy lives up in Carrolwood area and it's just easier for us to meet somewhere in the middle. Snook have been plentiful as well as Reds and Trout. Trout have been a touch on the small size, but fun nonetheless. The floating grass has been everywhere because of the storms, so make sure you have a good supply of weedless soft plastics as a backup. Topwater was next to impossible the past couple of times I was out. You MAY get a clear retreive One out of Twenty casts. MAYBE! :? If you're fishin at night, and wanna use a soft plastic, you may try to insert one of those rattles they use for tying flies into the belly of the Exude(or whatever) to give you some sound. That's an OOOOLD Bass fishin trick I used to use many moons ago.. :wink:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

bassboy wrote:Has ther been any action lately in the 4th street area? Heading out wednesday but if there aint been any action over there then i dont wanna waste my gas
Chris...that is a dangerous question to ask in this group... :roll:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
barrynfla

Post by barrynfla »

Norm wrote:
bassboy wrote:Has ther been any action lately in the 4th street area? Heading out wednesday but if there aint been any action over there then i dont wanna waste my gas
Chris...that is a dangerous question to ask in this group... :roll:
Let's just say that my buddy and I call the little island just off the shore "Trouser Trout Island" or TTI for short! :lol: