Milk Crate

ItsFriday

Milk Crate

Post by ItsFriday »

So, I was looking for a milk crate today and decided to go look behind my local publix. Upon driving back to look, saw there had to be like 10,000 of them back there! 90% black, some red, 1 blue. I wanted the blue one to go on my stone xfactor. However, there were employees back there and the back door was opened so i decided to do the right thing and go in an ask.

me: Hey is there anyway i could have or buy one of the milk crates in the back?

manager: No.

So much for customer service!
"Hard work always beats talent, when talent doesnt work!" - Tim Tebow
Vlap

Re: Milk Crate

Post by Vlap »

Those all get sent back and reused. I am not surprised they did not give it away. Things like that are credited to the store.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

I have a Green one you can have......may even have a Black one......PM me......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

I got my milk crates from the 7-11 on US 19 and 54Th South. I asked the manager of the store if I could have one and he gave me 3 of them.
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
ItsFriday

Post by ItsFriday »

Good news! My brother in law just got detoured off I4 onto 50th street and there were 2 new black ones just sitting on the corner so he picked them up, milk crates that is. lol

JoeS Thx for the offer but im good now, but we can meet up and fish some time if you want. I believe me and my brother in law are going out thursday and friday am. We usually put in at simmons park.

However when we go thursday im taking my new Malibu x factor that i just got off craigslist (ended up being from a guy who I know and is in my hunting club so im fairly comfortable with the purchase) so wish me luck on no leaks or drama!

While anyone is welcome to come with us, were bass converts who are new to this whole kayak, salt, flats fishing, but were probably good for a couple laughs.

TC
dunfly

Post by dunfly »

It is a well known fact that you don't find milk crates, they find you. The worst thing you can do is go out looking for one.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste....” — Rahm Emanuel
"Freedom!" - Sir William Wallace
Who is John Galt?
ItsFriday

Post by ItsFriday »

dunfly wrote:It is a well known fact that you don't find milk crates, they find you. The worst thing you can do is go out looking for one.
Lesson learned!
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

And if color is that important, you could always spray paint it
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
UrbanLegend

Post by UrbanLegend »

I asked the manager at the Publix near me and he said no also. So I just walked back to the dairy section and asked the guy stocking the milk. He gave me two of them. I gave the manager a sarcastic thank you as I walked out. He looked like he could care less. I think they say no because they're supposed to.
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

We give em to customers all the time when they buy multiple gallons. Some bring em back, some don't.. The Daycares usually keep some of them to make shelves out of for the youngins. My milk delivery guy could care less. When he has to deal with hundreds of empties everyday, what's one or two..
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
gsellers1245

Post by gsellers1245 »

I can get you a blue one if you like, one of my customers gives them to me all the time. They dont care. Pm me if you want one and we can meet up or ill let you know where they are and you can go get them.
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
-Thomas Alva Edison-
Tree-Bone

Post by Tree-Bone »

this is from 2007 ! :
paddlaroun wrote:Man not another crate thread! Now we are going to have to hear from that darn Fiddleback guy. He is a pain in the pumpkin head.
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Post by Fishaddict »

Honesty is always best policy.. Are you guys too cheap to go buy one from West Marine for $8 or other tackle store that carries them.
[b][i]Have Boat ... Will Fish[/i][/b]
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

I use a filing crate from WalMart about $5. Is actually larger than a real milk crate.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Rik

Post by Rik »

Milk crates should be free for the taking by anyone who needs one! I see piles of them in some places and I only have one. It's just not fair for some to have so many when I have so few. Free the milk crates! I'm organizing a march. Calling it Occupy the Dairy! We're going to demand free milk crates for all!

Who's with me?
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

99% of us should receive a free milk crate, pay up Wall Street.

PS. I want mine in digital camo
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.