Kitchen tomorow

ItsFriday

Kitchen tomorow

Post by ItsFriday »

I have never fished the kitchen, but i might go there tomorow. Can anyone tell me, if I focus strictly on paddling around to the kitchen from the bull frog creek launch, how long it would take? looks like it is about 2.1 miles around (loosely measured on map) so im guessing about 45 min if I go straight there and dont rest. That sound about right?
"Hard work always beats talent, when talent doesnt work!" - Tim Tebow
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Re: Kitchen tomorow

Post by Norm »

In my opinion that would be a slow paddle time. Probably closer to 25-30 min depending on wind. As soon as you exit Bull Frog creek you will see a small island to your left about 10o'clock. Just go past it and paddle another 100 yards or so to the south and you can say your in the Kitchen area. It extends to the south to Green Key. Enjoy :!: :cool:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
IntimiGator

Post by IntimiGator »

Norm wrote:In my opinion that would be a slow paddle time. Probably closer to 25-30 min depending on wind. As soon as you exit Bull Frog creek you will see a small island to your left about 10o'clock. Just go past it and paddle another 100 yards or so to the south and you can say your in the Kitchen area. It extends to the south to Green Key. Enjoy :!: :cool:
Might be a wet one too.
It will be little breezy from the Northeast so the paddle back to bullfrog creek will be fun depending on how far south you go.
Yep about 20 minutes. Get to the mouth where you can see the bay and take a left/head south. The mangrove shore line
can hold trout and snook down near the southern end. Watch the tide, it's low about noon so the inside of the kitchen will be dry.
Check out every mangrove island, especially the cresent shaped one. Also check out whiskey key which is the last mangrove island
before you run aground at the base of the power plant, if you get to it check out the shore line that continues kinda south west
from whiskey key. Good luck and give a report. It's been a couple months since I've been there.
Last edited by IntimiGator on Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
bassboy

Post by bassboy »

You dont even have to paddle to the kitchen the flat that opens up always holds fish. A nice top water in the morning can produce some action just sayin