Bass Pro Shops moving to Tampa...

shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Re: Bass Pro Shops moving to Tampa...

Post by shamus »

If you live in Pinellas county...are you really going to drive through all that traffic and distance to buy A lure or a few hooks or .....you get the idea
No your going to take the $50 gift certificate you get either for Christmas or BD add another $100 out of your own pocket and shop once for the entire year.
0 0 1
bigguy

Post by bigguy »

shamus wrote:
If you live in Pinellas county...are you really going to drive through all that traffic and distance to buy A lure or a few hooks or .....you get the idea
No your going to take the $50 gift certificate you get either for Christmas or BD add another $100 out of your own pocket and shop once for the entire year.
I wouldnt spend that much extra with a gift card, and even if i did things still pop up that you need, and im not travling that far to get a small pack of hooks.
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

jbdba01 wrote:Strawberrycrest High School (aka "The Crest") went into that intersection. $52M tax dollars ( that might include the Elementary and Jr High there).

Looks like a community college, but they have a great IB curriculum.
I don't know if it was going to create a conflict or not, but I think it was intended to be on the northwest corner of I-4 and McIntosh at that time.
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

bigguy wrote:
shamus wrote:
I wouldnt spend that much extra with a gift card, and even if i did things still pop up that you need, and im not travling that far to get a small pack of hooks.
Precisely my point :wink:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Precisely my point
From what I've seen in the hands of folks leaving these stores you guys would be the exception of the rule. Now $50 in todays world gets you:
1 pkg. Owner 7/0 hooks 7.00
1 natural cork floats 7.00
2 pkgs sabikis 4.00
1 25 yds Seagar 60# leader 30.00
1 pkg split shots 2.00
Thats just some stuff for Tarpon fishing and it all fits in a bag a 12 oz coke can comes in. Toss in a shirt, a rod and reel and your close to $150 -200.
0 0 1
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

shamus wrote:

Precisely my point
From what I've seen in the hands of folks leaving these stores you guys would be the exception of the rule. Now $50 in todays world gets you:
2 pkgs sabikis 4.00
1 pkg split shots 2.00
Thats just some stuff for Tarpon fishing and it all fits in a bag a 12 oz coke can comes in. Toss in a shirt, a rod and reel and your close to $150 -200.
Was that DaveR you saw?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

Add in the bait, and you're looking at a $300 fishing trip. :shock: :lol:
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

thats what the sabiki's were for !
0 0 1
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

shamus wrote:

Precisely my point
2 pkgs sabikis 4.00
1 pkg split shots 2.00
Sabikis were in a "center aisle display" for 99¢. AND, if you pay $7 for a cork float ... well, that's your own problem. ;)

I only spent $10 over my $60 gift card ... wife was AMAZED but not as much as myself. HA!

Another fellow that went down there with me spent a total of $198 on a $50 gift card. He found some "Henley" shirts that he really likes and bought one of each color. :)

Second fellow that was with me bought $300 worth of fishin' crap on $400 worth of 50th Birthday gift cards .... lucky B@$T@RD!!! haha!!

Made a great weekend hanging out in Matlacha then Bass Pro the next day.

p.s. You really catch Tarpon on a Sabiki!!??? :scratch:
GIL

"Only the half-mad are wholly alive." ~~~ Edward Abbey
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

shamus wrote:thats what the sabiki's were for !
OOPS ... missed this post. :D :mrgreen: :wink:
GIL

Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Have you noticed that no matter what the topic some of these guys get a tarpon reference in there somehow? The fever is building.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I got a feva! Anybody know the cure?
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Cowbell ?
0 0 1
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

Sabikis were in a "center aisle display" for 99¢. AND, if you pay $7 for a cork float ... well, that's your own problem.
p.s. You really catch Tarpon on a Sabiki!!???
The center isle sabikis are crap. They falll apart after two pinfish. The $7 float is perfectly round and your line doesn't foul up like the $2.00 floats so they are worth a few extra dollars.

But your post confims what I wrote regarding the mega store.
First it was easier for wives to just buy gift cards from them. You spent a few dollars more than your card. Friend #1 spent $140 extra
Friend #2 has $100 left on his cards he'll be back and it's more than an even money bet he'll pull extra money out of his pocket.
0 0 1
GILs_GONE_WILD

Post by GILs_GONE_WILD »

shamus wrote: The center isle sabikis are crap. They falll apart after two pinfish.
I wouldn't know a center isle sabiki from a top shelf sabiki. I make my own for about 10 - 15 ¢.

And $7 for a "cork" ... ain't no way in hell. I don't care how much you talk them up. ha!! I want a half dozen corks for $2 :) I hate paying $7 for a dang lure. :mrgreen:
GIL

jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

JB