Instant Replay

Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Instant Replay

Post by Manning »

A couple nights a week I fish for bass in the pond behind my house. Given that I am just doing it for fun I use a plastic jerk bait rigged on a circle hook with the barb mashed down. The rig works great. This evening I hooked a good size bass and after a very short fight my line broke. I think it got cut on something on the bottom. So I went back to the garage, put on a new leader and since I was out of circle hooks I put on a Texas rig weedless hook. Put on a jerk bait and went back to the pond. On the first cask a nice bass hit the lure. I handed the rod to my 5 year old daughter, because she loves to reel them in. She finally landed a bass about 18 inches long. When I went to take the hook out of his mouth I noted that there seemed to be some extra line in his mouth. I pulled on it and up out of his stomach came my jerk bait and circle hook I had lost about 15 minutes before. Bass are dumb.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Vlap

Re: Instant Replay

Post by Vlap »

Cookinfish and I were fishing in the big bend one weekend. Day one mark gets broken off over a rock pile. The next day we hit that rock pile again. Landing a fish he saw some line sticking out of it's mouth. Checking inside the mouth he found the lure he lost the day prior.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
1okbyme2

Post by 1okbyme2 »

I've heard sharks will sometimes bite the same prey twice.
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

1okbyme2 wrote:I've heard sharks will sometimes bite the same prey twice.
Got a friend that has been divorced twice, his lawyer bit his wallet twice!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Vlap wrote:Cookinfish and I were fishing in the big bend one weekend. Day one mark gets broken off over a rock pile. The next day we hit that rock pile again. Landing a fish he saw some line sticking out of it's mouth. Checking inside the mouth he found the lure he lost the day prior.
I remember that! It was a sea bass that ate it. :thumbleft:
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~