ICAST 2012

Heywood

ICAST 2012

Post by Heywood »

I'll be throwing up some video (sorry for the quality) of some of the "Kayak" related items I found at this years American Sportfishing Association ICAST show held in Orlando this week.

It was my first time going and after three days I still didn’t get to talk with all the vendors there. I left the show with an observation:

1) Some of the bigger companies, Okuma, Seagar, Shimano, could have cared less that we walked into their booth. I will be forwarding emails to the PR departments next week. On the other hand, one company, Wright & McGill did listen to such an observation and couldn’t have been more accommodating. (We stood in their booth for ten minutes while all the reps, at least ten of them, just stood around bs'ing. I let them know on their Facebook page and went back the next day. I had everyone, including Blair Wiggins answering my questions)

Here is the first item from Overboard rods. Located in Jacksonville. Owner is Sean Abbey. Price range is $109.00 I have one of these rods and will give a full review in the coming weeks.

https://vimeo.com/45748112" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
bassboy

Re: ICAST 2012

Post by bassboy »

Did you tell wright & mcgill to come back with the old rod and just put the color that is on the new ones on it.
americanrobster

Post by americanrobster »

Heywood wrote:
It was my first time going and after three days I still didn’t get to talk with all the vendors there. I left the show with an observation:

1) Some of the bigger companies, Okuma, Seagar, Shimano, could have cared less that we walked into their booth. I will be forwarding emails to the PR departments next week. On the other hand, one company, Wright & McGill did listen to such an observation and couldn’t have been more accommodating. (We stood in their booth for ten minutes while all the reps, at least ten of them, just stood around bs'ing.

That isn't surprising to me at all Bill.

I hate how all these companies big and small say they are hurting but they could care less with serving thier customers.

The other day I went into a major store to make an order for $8,000 in hurricane impact windows and nobody even acknowledged that I was standing there. I stood there for 10 minutes and then I left and 4 salesman didn't even notice me leave and that a nice commission just walked out the door :? .
Rob

Heritage Redfish 12'

Heritage Redfish 14'
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Bill, is this your first visit to ICAST?
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

CooKnFish wrote:Bill, is this your first visit to ICAST?

Yes. Why?
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~