Are you EFFING Kidding EFFING ME!

justabucup

Are you EFFING Kidding EFFING ME!

Post by justabucup »

So I just go on line to renew my 5 year saltwater license....... $79 effing dollars your effing me!

So should I get a snook stamp? HMMMMMMMMM how long are they going to swear up and down there are no snook? what the hell I want to support snook and what is $10.?????????????????????????? What $10 an EFFING YEAR????? Your effing me!

So nope no snook stamp!!!! At least not until they lift the unwarranted ban on harvest!!!

So go to checkout. $79.00 wait what is this $4.00 charge? Oh for the physical license! Your effing me but it is not too bad after all $4.00 is just the tip right. Ok so let's checkout. Wait select a delivery method. Print now or mail. Well I just paid $4.00 for a card so it will do no good to print it. So mail it???????? What a $4.39 charge to mail it????? Your EFFING ME!

Screw that that is more then just the tip now. I'll just print it. What a $3.79 charge for me to print it????? Your EFFING ME!

I understand the need for licensure and under $16 a year seems like a reasonable (to some) amount. However $10 a year for a snook stamp when the harvest on them is closed?

$4 for a hard license that won't fall to pieces after 6 months then an additional $4.39 to mail it to me? I am not buying a snuggie and paying shipping an handling for my second one free!

So they weren't just kidding they were EFFING ME!

So just stop Effing me.

PS I tried to make this into a Tom Petty song but it is just and epic lyric fail.
Credo quia absurdum
John
Guv'ner

Re: Are you EFFING Kidding EFFING ME!

Post by John »

Buy it at Walmart - you work there don't you?
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton

Post by 0119 »

There are no snook. Wiped out a few years ago. People ought to move outta here and just leave us natives and mullet alone.
Rik

Post by Rik »

To top it all off, the licenses used to be issued by a Florida company (anyone remember Weedy?) but then they gave it to an out of state company so all the profits from selling those licenses leaves the state. Plus, as expected, the handling and shipping fees went up when it went out of state.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

I got mine at the Tax Collectors office and said the same thing when I got my five year license a couple years back. The lady at the counter then suggested the "Lifetime" license for a great savings. Price for that - $301.50 :shock:
I told her no thanks on the lifetime one, due to the fact I was 46 then and how upset I'd be if I unexpectedly became room temperature before I saw any real savings.
I then asked if they offered a "Half-a-Lifetime" license. :lol: That's when she gave me one of these... :blackeye:
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Rik wrote:To top it all off, the licenses used to be issued by a Florida company (anyone remember Weedy?) but then they gave it to an out of state company so all the profits from selling those licenses leaves the state. Plus, as expected, the handling and shipping fees went up when it went out of state.
Yep I remember Weedy and when you got a license through his company you were sent information on the limits and restrictions as well as helpful hints. It was all Bush's fault that it went out of state.
Credo quia absurdum
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Quit your bitching and go fishing this Saturday.

Make a date with a fish or two; saltwater license-free fishing day is this Saturday!
License-free fishing days are a great opportunity for Florida’s residents and visitors to cast a line into the water and get hooked on saltwater and freshwater fishing. Anglers are not required to have a saltwater recreational fishing license on June 1 or a freshwater recreational fishing license on June 8.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

The state is saying there are plenty of snook, it is a few that are saying there are none (mostly people that would like to see them closed forever, imo). They will open back up in September, there are plenty of snook out there. I am glad they left them closed this past year though, they needed a little more time. Not back where they were before the freeze but, they were at an all-time high at that point.

That is a lot of money to pay though, I also buy a freshwater fishing, wildlife management area permit, hunting, deer permit, duck stamp, I haven’t been lobstering in a few years so I quit buying that one, waterfowl permit, muzzle loading permit and turkey permit. Some ones gotta pay for those state employee pension funds…..
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Here is a link to the snook stock presentation for those that are interested.

http://myfwc.com/media/2558153/7C1-Snoo ... tation.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Thanks Steve. I don't kill snook but it seems they have rebounded since the kill of 2010. Good management by the FWC. That from a fella that has an inherent aversion to authority.
I still remember the last one I harvested. Palma Sola Bay. Year I ain't sure but I'm guessing about 2005. They are delicious but for some reason I just can't seem to bring myself to put em on ice.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Thanks for posting Steve. Nice to see the FWC's creative number munching.
Do they do taxes also?
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

I had hoped for at least another year of respite for Snook. The upper end of their range is still struggling to see a return of a solid population. Certainly the top of Tampa Bay they are still thin on the ground.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Most of us release them but there are always going to be those that fish only for the meat. Nothing wrong with that as long as you obey the law. The regulations are so strict it is tough to get one in the slot anyway. I am sure there are those out there that could care less about the regulations though.

The population is good but there is still a shortage of "Big" ones. The tight regulations will help make that happen, that is what they are designed to do.
Steve