Govt. Shutdown is going to cancel my trip to Flamingo. Help!

vivian

Re: Govt. Shutdown is going to cancel my trip to Flamingo. H

Post by vivian »

Mark R wrote:
krash wrote:I hear that Choko is also closed down, at least any part within Park boundries, but the same report said Rangers will patrol, issue tickets or assest...
If the rangers are going to patrol anyway....why in hades is the f_ing park closed??????????? Sorry, My bad - I was mixing Guvment and logic. :oops:
Because the park has to protect its assets. Not everyone is interested in protecting the resources. I for one am glad to hear that they are at least patrolling the park.

BTW, biscayne national is also closed so you can't really even access biscayne bay out of convoy point. Might as well get a motel in key largo and fish the keys instead. :cry:
Rik

Post by Rik »

Well, hello Vivian! Been a while.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
vivian

Post by vivian »

Nice to be here, see all you guys still busy fishing :cheers:
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Hey, I just read on the "news" they are going to allow walk in or bike access just no vehicles in the National Parks. I don't know how or if that will affect State Parks.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Rik

Post by Rik »

State parks aren't closed.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Rik wrote:State parks aren't closed.
And I guess walking in to Flamingo doesn't really help a lot. :roll:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Rik

Post by Rik »

Not that long of a walk
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

vivian wrote: BTW, biscayne national is also closed so you can't really even access biscayne bay out of convoy point. Might as well get a motel in key largo and fish the keys instead. :cry:
Difference is that Biscayne National Park is only closed at the one access point, the launch at Convoy Point, you can still fully access the water's within the Park Boundries without being hassled by Rangers for tresspassing.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Rik

Post by Rik »

Uh, maybe not Krash

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... f-Shutdown" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

There is NFW... have heard nothing about that, Florida Bay is South of us in the Keys and the Park boundries are pretty well marked, but its East of the Ocean. MPO is its mostly sensationalized news reporters out of control.
If they tried to close it by force, or enforcement, it would be all over the news in Miami and the Keys. BNP headquarters is one thing so is all the water in the park boundries, but access to the Ocean is another there are many channels that do not traverse the BNP and I'm not sure there are any within the ENP boundries in the Keys.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Rik

Post by Rik »

http://www.keysnet.com/2013/10/05/49091 ... arine.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.examiner.com/article/feds-cl ... killing-us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/10/03/3 ... -keys.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is basically a temper tantrum by the administration.
vivian

Post by vivian »

According to friends at chokoloskee, passes all open and access to ocean is as well. Just keep going out past boundary.

Out of the keys

http://www.keysnet.com/2013/10/05/49091 ... arine.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Biscayne bay areas outside boundaries clear for fishing and boating.
Joebh

Post by Joebh »

You are all complaining about not being able to fish but where I work , Kennedy space center has been shut down so contractors will not be paid
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Joebh wrote:You are all complaining about not being able to fish but where I work , Kennedy space center has been shut down so contractors will not be paid
Nice definition of perspective. That sucks.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

I have several friends on "furlough". Of note, 2 FBI agents and the Quality Control Engineer for a missile guidance plant. ???? WTF?
Wuluf

Post by Wuluf »

I accessed Biscayne thru Black Point Marina, but crocs were patrolling around there. Not fun to see two Orange eyes coming toward you in the pre dawn morning! The fishing sucked though.
Wuluf