We lost another great one on Monday

sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Re: We lost another great one on Monday

Post by sfurman »

Holy cow! Although I never met her in person and I am sure see didn’t agree on some things on the forum with me, I am very sad to read this news. This is sad news for sure. RIP Terry “W”.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Very sad news indeed
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
mikeB
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by mikeB »

I'm deeply saddened to hear this. We were paddle pals for some time and talked about having a camping get together at one of our mutual go to spots, the big island north of the launch at the east end of the Anna Maria causeway. I'll be raising a glass to Terry when I get out there again. God Bless her and her family.
shamus
The Beaver Tickler

Post by shamus »

One of the truly good ones.
0 0 1
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

I never had a chance to fish with Terry. I only met her face to face a couple times. However, we connected in the virtual world of this site and Facebook. She and I shared a great deal of political philosophy. I appreciate her passion for what she believe in. I loved her sense of humor. I will miss her friendship and her Anna Maria sunset pictures.

In a strange tragic coincidence I also learned this morning that a friend of mine from high school died suddenly yesterday also. He too was a fisherman. I was so thrown off track by these two tragedies that midday today I just went fishing to get my head back together and pay respect to these two fine people.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

This is from Terry's daughter:

This is daughter Linzy. Words can't explain our emotions. Your kind sentiments are incredibly overwhelming. I am pleasantly surprised to see the outpouring of support from you all. Mom's 65th birthday falls this Saturday when we will be holding an open house Celebration of Life in South Lakeland from 3:00-6:00 with a small program at 4:00 (exact address TBA). Please send photos to be included in a slideshow to me at [email protected]. Thank you for being a part of my mother's life
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Please, show your support. If you ever met Terry and don't go there will come a time in your life that you regret it. Her family shared her with us for many years. Time for some payback.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
FrankC

Post by FrankC »

Just saw these posts, and you could knock me over with a feather. She was way too young to leave, and she will certainly leave a void behind her.

Prayers for her family and close friends. Hope you folks comfort the family at the Celebration.
aquaholik

Post by aquaholik »

Wow! Saw Hank's post on FB but thought she was just moving but had a morbid feeling so I had to check here. Very sorry for the loss and wished I fished with her when she was active at Capmel.
22acrowd

Post by 22acrowd »

Great great lady. Used to run into her a lot fishing evenings at the Fort. Never had to offer her a beer cause she already had one open. She let me tour her kayak when I was first looking at Hobies. She was an unbelievable nice and warm person with a great sense of humor. She will be missed. Cheers Terry.
pbr

Post by pbr »

Took this picture of her one day when she found a redfish swimming around dragging a bobber behind it, she rescued it and we took some time to get the hook out and then she released it.

Wuluf

Post by Wuluf »

Very sad to hear this news. She was a lovely person.
Wuluf