Incase there are some Sabalos fans out there!

hector_750

Incase there are some Sabalos fans out there!

Post by hector_750 »

Dicks is having a sale this week, buy a wright and mcgill rod and get a free sabalos of your choice, with free shipping, AND!! if you buy before midnight tonight you can get an additional $20 off on orders over $100. So I went ahead and added some power pro fot 19.99 and my total after everything was $107.. So just thought id share!! I did have to call cause the $20 discount didnt want to apply so they walked me throu it on the phone and I gave them my order # when done and they credited the $20 back to my acct.
John
Guv'ner

Re: Incase there are some Sabalos fans out there!

Post by John »

will they take back the rod for a full cash refund the next day? Thats the only way I would buy one of those things
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

I have about 4 of them and they are fine...I don't like the silly blue camo paint on the rods, but the rods have good action and have held up on Bonito, +30" reds, +30" snook, and a couple ceiling fans. I use them every week - the only knock I have is the drag washers, but having greased them a touch seems to have made a difference in longevity. Bone dry <> good.

That said, you get exactly what you pay for...a middle of the road rod and reel. For $100 a hard deal to beat. Especially if you have kids and want to equip them and yourself with 2-3 rods each.

So far the Sabalos outlasted a Penn Battle and I can out cast my Stradic 3000 using the same line, same rod. And it's smoother than the Stradic 3000

On the 4000 I have landed multiple Cobia, grouper, and lost poon (pesky bridge).

IMHO - "they ain't that bad" and have the 2500, 3000, and 4000. I like the 2500 the most - super light for casting all day. I can definitely say that they have not come close to pitting/rusting even after um-teen dunks while wade fishing.

Great - no. Good - yes.
JB
kmeng

Post by kmeng »

My Wright&McGill rod broke last weekend. It was my favorite rod... Hopefully they have a good replacement warranty...
Do what you love, love what you do, and most of all, love life.

"Don't seek to follow the footsteps of the masters, seek what they sought"
Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo in Olive
Edward

Post by Edward »

I bought a 2 year no questions asked full replacement on a St Croix at Dicks I think for around $14.50. I usually don't do that but I had some other discounts at the time and it does make me breathe easier. I'm told they give you a gift card for the original purchase price.
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

kmeng wrote:My Wright&McGill rod broke last weekend. It was my favorite rod... Hopefully they have a good replacement warranty...

Scroll down here until you see my camo blue rod. Save the $ and cut it up short. Full details farther down...you should be OK, it's a lifetime warranty on the rod. You'll probably need the receipt. Call 'em for details.

Oh yeah...Go Mercer Bears!!
JB
kmeng

Post by kmeng »

jbdba01 wrote: You'll probably need the receipt. Call 'em for details.

Oh yeah...Go Mercer Bears!!

Yeah I spoke to a customer service rep named Mark. I explained the circumstances and I had the rod for about 2.5 years and can't find my receipt. He said not a problem, fill out the paperwork, put ATTN: Mark on it and send it to them and he would personally take care of it. It's on the way now via a small FedEx package like yours.

Yeah go Bears! I won about $1200 betting on them against Duke
Do what you love, love what you do, and most of all, love life.

"Don't seek to follow the footsteps of the masters, seek what they sought"
Native Ultimate 14.5 Solo in Olive