Canoe outfitters

krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Canoe outfitters

Post by krash »

Guy 'n Gals,
I'm looking for a new seat for my solo canoe.. have a nice one now that is like a kayak seat, straps to the canoe wood/webbed seat with a coupe straps to adjust the soft back support.

Looking for a stadium style seat with more padding and a metal internal adjustable frame for the back. Would love to find something like the newer hi/low lawn chair type kayak seats. I can find online many many stadium style seats but I like to touch and feel and want to stay away from BPS product. Looking for something aluminum framework and most I've found are not salt water safe, powdered steel.

Canoe outfitters are few and far form here in Ft. Lauderdale area. I will be coming over to Tampa in a few weeks to visit my son, S. Tampa off D. Maybry & Kenedy area.

There are a couple canoe/kayak outfitters over in the Tampa and/or Sarasota area, don;t know the names.. can a couple of ya's post up the names for me...
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
Lime Cider

Re: Canoe outfitters

Post by Lime Cider »

Canoe Country Outfitters in St. Pete off 54th Ave. should have what you need. give 'em a call.Image
(727) 545-4554

http://www.canoecountryfl.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Russ
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Krash I got mine from Canoe Country Outfitters as well........Worth a look.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Edward

Post by Edward »

Another option and not sure how your current seat is set up. I have a solo and took the existing seat out but left the side brackets in. I finished up a piece of birch 3/4" plywood to replace it and installed a pedestal base. If u look around there is some ergo, lightweight, thin bass style seats out there. Other than a few extra lbs for the base and seat attachment, it's as easy as dropping it into a hole. The swivel makes getting in and out real easy. I can hang my legs over one side and tip toe across a flat of up to maybe 2' deep while completely seated. One disadvantage is the hardware will raise your seat or profile and could affect stability. I don't have a problem with that and there is no impact when your paddling.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Edward do you have any Pics of your set up????
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

The current set up is Wenonah non-adjustable webbed seat.. couple aluminum angle brackets attached to kayak, then the seat is attached to them by Rivets or Screws.. just you standard webbed seat see below.

Raising the seated position a coupe inches is not an issue for me, I sometimes sit on a 2" thick throwable square boat cusion... sitting with your feet over the side or tip-toe'ng around is a bit sketchy but I can do that, just not easy enough to stand and fight fish's.

I could order the tractor style seat and replace what I have, but I'm also looking for some back support and the simplest thing I've seen, and there are many, are what commonly called stadium seat's but most I've seen with any support have a metal frame, mostly steel, kind of looking for something aluminum for the salty atmosphere. Looking for something simple, lightweight, and easy to carry to/from the launch site and quickly install... water-proof and non-rusting.

Example Stadium Seat:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~