Brandon FL Bass Pro

paddle down

Brandon FL Bass Pro

Post by paddle down »

Anybody heard an actual Grand Opening date for the new Bass Pro Shops store in Brandon? I haven't been able to find anything official online, but I'm sure one of the members here must know somebody with the inside scoop....
"...and when you get blue, and you've lost all your dreams,
there's nothin' like a campfire and a can of beans..." Tom Waits
JoeS

Re: Brandon FL Bass Pro

Post by JoeS »

I read somewhere it was the July 4th Weekend but I cant verify that.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Just saw the official Opening is July 29th.....
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
DoubleM

Post by DoubleM »

Anything special planned for this one in Brandon? Our SOTE one is supposed to have a bowling alley, wonder if it'll be fishing themed.
Mark .aka. Man of Purpose. Original Chincy Jones

Ultimate 14.5 sand & blue Indian River Outdoorsman.

The jig is up and weedless.
paddle down

Post by paddle down »

Figures. I post the question one night, and the next day Channel 8 does a quick story on the opening:
http://wfla.com/2015/06/23/tampa-bass-p ... n-july-29/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They are going to have an Islamorada Fish Company restaurant and a Ranger Boats sales and service center attached to the store. I have accumulated a few Bass Pro gift cards recently, but haven't made it over to Orlando to use them yet. This new place will be a lot more convenient for me.
"...and when you get blue, and you've lost all your dreams,
there's nothin' like a campfire and a can of beans..." Tom Waits
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

You'll be sorry when it happens, first it will be a great place to visit but expensive cause you'll buy lots of new cool stuff most of which you can do without, then slowly most if not all the Mom & Pops bait and tackle shops will shut down, then you'll get very tired of going there and not being able to find what you are looking for unless its a BPS name brand...

Its amazing to me how much stuff they do sell... on a weekend people, for here its a lot of tourist traffic, people just line up and push carts full of stuff through the cash resgisters...
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~