Diablo Adios

Have rigging questions or a good idea? Found a good fishing product? Tell us about it.
CooKnFish

Diablo Adios

Post by CooKnFish »

I had a chance to test drive the new Diablo Paddlesports Adios today.
My first impression is this is a fly fishing, flats stalking machine. :cool:
It's a specialty boat, not what I would consider an everyday paddler. Designed for big guys that want to be able to stand up on the water, this ride exceeds those expectations by far.

The stability of this boat is like none I have seen in a kayak. Excuse me... this is a SUP (stand up paddleboard) hybrid. What that being said, you are correct if you are thinking that trying to paddle this vessel long distances in chop would be a bitch. It does paddle impressively well for its size, though. Range would be subjective to the paddler but I wouldn't have any problems paddling this boat for a trip in the 3-5 mile range. A fat 36 inches wide, it takes a longer paddle to get past the gunwales.

The boat is thermomolded ABS much like the Hurricane kayaks which means it is more forgiving to abrasion. The flat, smooth surface offers cool rigging possibilities such as suction mount rod holders. There is an optional seat that puts you up high to see better while paddling or to get your legs under you to stand. Did I mention the stability? I walked from stern to bow, turned around and walked back to stern. In the video, pay close attention to when I step into the boat for the first time. I walk through the tankwell, over the seat and up to the bow. Maneuverability - the boat can be turned 180-degrees with 3 paddle strokes but yet it tracks well with the monster skeg.

Adios
Length 12'5"
Width 36"
Weight 69 lbs
$1499

Right now there are only 2 places in Florida carrying them but they are coming to our local area soon.

Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
jslager

Re: Diablo Adios

Post by jslager »

Thanks for the review. I've been eye-balling this thing for a while
Sawyer Paddles and Oars
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Good write up.. there seems o be quite a few what I'd call hybrid, somewhere between SOT Kayak and SUP PaddleBoard.

Hope these new guys on the market keep up the pressure on the standard roto-mold manufacturers
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
irishff727

Post by irishff727 »

Nice looking yak. Would love to get one but.definitely like to paddle and fish one for fun.