Gandy/Weedon

Flamingo to Big Bend
Wooban

Gandy/Weedon

Post by Wooban »

My plan was to fish early and be back by 1pm kickoff...well that didn't happen.8) I left the camera and measuring board at home since this was going to be a quick trip...sooo use your imagination.

When I first got out, there was zero wind so I tossed the fly rod for a bit. Managed one snooklet on a clouser and spooked a bunch of reds. As the wind picked up I put the fly rod down and drifted south casting to potholes along the way. I landed a nice upper slot red, I dropped anchor and proceeded to catch a redfish on EVERY cast for 2 hours. The biggest pushing 34" and the smallest about 25". I easily caught a dozen over slot reds today. It was an amazing fishing day. :D
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

:shock: Did better than I did!, We'll have to fish there sometime. 8)
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
Wooban

Post by Wooban »

Rooster wrote::shock: Did better than I did!, We'll have to fish there sometime. 8)
You were so close I thought you would stumble across them, but then I looked again and you were gone.
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Were they out on the Flat or in that cove? I seen you in the distance, poling around, I stayed quite far as to not disturb your fishing. when you went out of that cove, I moved in (thats the spot where I had lost a HUGE snook in one of my other reports.) :lol:
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
AKA Rod

Post by AKA Rod »

A good day of fishing Wooban,Congrats.
I am too old to die young.
srsfsu

Post by srsfsu »

Looks like I should have hit Weedon on Sunday instead. Nice job. We gotta get out one of these days.
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Way to get it DONE!!!

Same spot you found them during the 1st PFTS event?

Steve
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
xfactor

Post by xfactor »

I have many days like that until my wife wakes me up. :lol: Congrats and nice report.

Jimmy
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

xfactor wrote:I have many days like that until my wife wakes me up. :lol: Congrats and nice report.

Jimmy
Gary

[i]He who looks outside dreams. He who looks within awakens.[/i]
whodog

Post by whodog »

Nice job! Much better than my foray the previous day.

Do you recall what what the tide was during the Redstravaganza?

Were you inside or outside of Weedon? (This one's optional. Don't expect you to give away too many secrets. 8) )
Michael
Never mind.......
Wooban

Post by Wooban »

whodog wrote:Do you recall what what the tide was during the Redstravaganza?
I believe the tide was just starting to fall.
Tide1on wrote:Same spot you found them during the 1st PFTS event?
Different spot 8)
whodog wrote: Were you inside or outside of Weedon?(This one's optional. Don't expect you to give away too many secrets. )
No secrets revealed here. These reds were on the outside flats of Weedon just south of the power plant. They were mixed in with all the mullet. If it was like last year, they won't be around that area much longer.
fishnfinatic

Post by fishnfinatic »

Great job! I was out there on Sat inside of Weedon caught snook, reds and trout all in one spot. Weedon is one of my favorite places to fish.
Tight Lines
Shawn
Wooban

Post by Wooban »

fishnfinatic wrote:Great job! I was out there on Sat inside of Weedon caught snook, reds and trout all in one spot. Weedon is one of my favorite places to fish.
Thanks Shawn! Now that I live 10 minutes away from there, I'm loving Weedon more.
fishnfinatic

Post by fishnfinatic »

Now that I live 10 minutes away from there, I'm loving Weedon more.
If I lived that close my wife would divorce me. Weedon has a great fishery.
Tight Lines
Shawn