Training Day.....

Flamingo to Big Bend
whodog

Training Day.....

Post by whodog »

Had the most awesome trip Sunday with madmarco. Couldn't have asked for better weather starting off. A slight chill in the air, absolutely no wind in the morning, not a cloud in the sky, the water was glass smooth and boat traffic was at an absolute minimum.

Right from the beginning there were swirls everywhere we looked. Marco hooked up with a nice stout 24 incher right away which he generously placed in my cooler. (My wife appreciated it very much, also.)

Can you believe how flat the water was!
(This would make a good avatar 8) )

Each of us managed some Reds this day, but for me the best part was the boost in confidence I got, the education and the time spent with a friend.

Marco took the time to work on my presentation and show me what to look for. It really helps having someone show how to work a lure. As well as explaining the different structures while out on the water & working them during the different tidal phases (instead of trying to imagine what is being explained). By adding this to what Neil has shown me I expect to be making some improvements.

If you ever get the opportunity to go fishing with Marco don't pass it up. You will have a great time.

Thanks Marco for a fun (& educational) day!

(How fun was that ride back with the 2 foot swells & the jerk in the cabin cruiser!! :D )
Michael
Never mind.......
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Awesome flik and report. Almost surreal pic, especially for this past 'windblown' weekend. Are u sure u were anywhere near Tampa Bay? Actually u never did mention the area.

...nudge-nudge, wink-wink. 8)
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
J.P. FROG

Post by J.P. FROG »

Good to hear you had a great day on the water and possibly the "tide has changed" for you.

Marco called me asking about taking you out fishing earlier last week, but I had prior obligations down south for the weekend. I'm glad Marco hooked up with you and you had a good day on the water. Marco is a good guy to fish with, and as you know, his heart is in the right place. Kudos to Marco, and again, congrats on a good day of fishing.
Gary

[i]He who looks outside dreams. He who looks within awakens.[/i]
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Good to see you guys got into some fish..that water looks way to flat for november :shock:
Each of us managed some Reds this day, but for me the best part was the boost in confidence I got, the education and the time spent with a friend.
Your right Marco is one of the good guys I'm glad you two got together.. hopefully I'll be able to join you up there in UTB Soon ..

Obtw very nice pic..
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
srsfsu

Post by srsfsu »

Nice work. Marco is becoming quite the pro.
TerryW

Post by TerryW »

That's excellent, Michael. Way to go, Marco.
35/34.5/26 24/22/1/1

I finally found Cow Creek. It's at the end of the Road to Nowhere!
madmarco

Re: Training Day.....

Post by madmarco »

Your very welcome my friend, you keep at it and I am sure your success rate will start to increase.

I must say that I learned alot from Randy(Mauso!), he did the same thing with me when I started kayak fishing, and believe me it felt very good to help you. Neil(Livelybaits), also has done a fine job getting me to the confidence level I have reached.
Then there are the Todd's, Erick's, Frog's, CB's, WhoDogs', and a other people on this site that have said something or done something while fishing, that I picked up and try to apply the technique.

So all in all its good people helping good people!

(How fun was that ride back with the 2 foot swells & the jerk in the cabin cruiser!! :D )[/quote] "A rudder is in the future" says the crystal ball! The cabin cruiser wake definietly dumped 2 gallons of sea water into the kayak!!! For a minute there it seemed like Hawaii Five-O :wink:
madmarco

Re: Training Day.....

Post by madmarco »

Your very welcome my friend, you keep at it and I am sure your success rate will start to increase.

I must say that I learned alot from Randy(Mauso1), he did the same thing with me when I started kayak fishing, and believe me it felt very good to help you. Neil(Livelybaits), also has done a fine job getting me to the confidence level I have reached.
Then there are the Todd's, Erick's, Frog's, CB's, WhoDogs', and a other people on this site that have said something or done something while fishing, that I picked up and try to apply the technique.

So all in all its good people helping good people!
(How fun was that ride back with the 2 foot swells & the jerk in the cabin cruiser!! :D )
"A rudder is in the future" says the crystal ball! The cabin cruiser wake definietly dumped 2 gallons of sea water into the kayak!!! For a minute there it seemed like Hawaii Five-O :wink:
LivelyBaits

Post by LivelyBaits »

Michael's a better photographer than I am.

Here's Marco and a large jack. Poor photo by Livelybaits. That Jack was about 25 inches. But the way I photographed it, it looks like it's 16

Great trip out there guys. Marco, glad to see you connecting.

Michael, keep working at it and most of all, keep having fun.

Neil
pee-dash-eff, "Desperate. H.W"
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Thats Great Michael!!! We got to get together sometime again, any time you're up to going again shoot me a PM. I have been slacking on my getting together with people, lately. I have been taking my trips on a "whim". Its been hard to plan trips as my work schedule was threatening to change, and I wasn't sure if by the time I made the plans they would change it. Well they Finally changed it today, from now on I will be working 2:30pm till 11pm. so if anybody is up for an AM trip, I'm game from now until the next time my schedule changes.
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth