The tarpon beat me bad this morning.

Flamingo to Big Bend
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Re: The tarpon beat me bad this morning.

Post by DaveR »

How many times in the past few hours have you wondered just where that rig is and what it looks like resting on the sea floor? How long will it take for the first blenny to make a little cave under the spool and call it home? When will the first barnacle begin it's life fixed to the rod? We may yet see it again. I think there a a renourishment project slated for 2015.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

noles wrote:Something for you to remember the rod & reel by:
That boat sits lower in the water then mine... How much "gear" are you carrying? Or is the dog heavier then it looks? :wink:
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Thats a t160 not a Native.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Vlap

Post by Vlap »

Ah... Gotcha. That would make a difference.
"It's always an adventure! " Cooknfish.
22acrowd

Post by 22acrowd »

These threads remind me of the movie Cocoon.
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Learn from our mistakes sonny. One day you might make one of your own.

"SANCTUARY!!!"

tbgreen21

Post by tbgreen21 »

Sorry to hear about your rig..... I almost lost a bunch also this past weekend. Just after I Jumped my first tarpon and it spit the hook I was also removing the dreaded catfish from the sibiki. The catfish had thisted around and hooked at least 3 hooks ..what a mess. After I removed all the slime I tried to reposition my seat and low and behold my hands were still slippery from the catfish. ( that slime is hard to get off) . It happen so fast there there was not a thing I could do. I had put my slimely right hand on the side of my kayak and pressed down to lift up to fix my seat and off it slipped ... my entire body followed and I ended up looking for tarpon from under the water! Luckly I went over so fast and I was not holding my rig at the time, I didn't lose any gear but my cheep sunglasses.
All this happened while one of the other guys was battling a tarpon behind me. AS for me I am still looking for my first landing and I can do without the swim.
tom
Last edited by tbgreen21 on Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

I will keep an eye out for it, should be up here any day now.

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
Blindmullet

Post by Blindmullet »

Baaahahaaa! I would have paid $5.99 to see that live!
Team Pro Bass "Fishing Legendz"
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

That always sucks when ya lose a nice rig, muchless the fish attached to it. :( But, sometimes it's all part of the game we play. Especially those of you crazy enough to fish out of a kayak!! :roll: :roll: ........ OH!! CRAP!! :shock: :shock: I just looked in my garage.. :lol:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."