Fishing today

Flamingo to Big Bend
Tarpon14089

Fishing today

Post by Tarpon14089 »

I know it's early. But anyone heading out this morning for fishing.. It looks good out there, just dont want to get caught up in this rain!!
bigguy

Re: Fishing today

Post by bigguy »

I was thinking about it. I would ask about where you wer eplanning on going but I got yelled at last time :)
Rik

Post by Rik »

I bet its somewhere in Florida.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Cow creek beach?
Credo quia absurdum
Tarpon14089

Post by Tarpon14089 »

Noone got yelled at.. And yes its in florida. very close by to eveyone. really windy out today and alot of fog. got a trout. and 2 ladys
bigguy

Post by bigguy »

Tarpon14089 wrote:Noone got yelled at.. And yes its in florida. very close by to eveyone. really windy out today and alot of fog. got a trout. and 2 ladys
I got no trout, but did enjoy a few lady's. I was fishing cross bayou
Tarpon14089

Post by Tarpon14089 »

yeah it was bad out today.. As anyone done a night fish. I want to really bad. stay out all night and fish?
bigguy

Post by bigguy »

Tarpon14089 wrote:yeah it was bad out today.. As anyone done a night fish. I want to really bad. stay out all night and fish?
I have thought of going out and fishing some docks. I work night shift so I tend to be up anyways. I just need a light, and would lime a head lamp.
Tarpon14089

Post by Tarpon14089 »

yeah I would need to set some lights up also. I saw the lights you can get for rods, that go at the end of them. I am thinking about investing in some if I do go out at night
Rik

Post by Rik »

Tarpon14089 wrote: I saw the lights you can get for rods, that go at the end of them. I am thinking about investing in some if I do go out at night
Don't waste your money. All you really need is a head lamp.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

From the museum of what it's worth. I carry a small 1M candlelight QBean. Not because you have to, but because I want everyone to know exactly where I am at night - especially the flats boat doing 25-30 knots in the slow speed zones by Cockroach and what not. If I hear someone motoring fast, I'll break it out (but not shine them - just shine around). I think I've actually only used it once, but it was a nice feeling to know that I was seen.

This is in addition to the regular white light required by law.

In addition to those lights I have 2 more for backups (they are stowed in a bag).

One other thing I would suggest is a change of britches - when that dolphin looking for a hand out at 3am blows 5' away from you - you'll need 'em.
JB