Spot Creepers

Flamingo to Big Bend
SnookBait

Spot Creepers

Post by SnookBait »

I broke the cardinal rule. A couple weeks ago I got an email from an old friend from back in HS that I hadnt talked to in 9 years. Made the mistake of taking him to a really fishy Snook hole. He didnt catch any that night and I ended up with 4 Snook in his face all between 30-35". I hadnt heard from him in a couple of weeks, last night I go out to make a few cast and kapowwwwww these is this dude in my spot with 5 other people. I cant explain the feeling I got by seeing this. But in the end its my fault. I should have known better.
Tide1on

Re: Spot Creepers

Post by Tide1on »

Sometimes we have to learn the hard way.
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

People sometimes wonder why I'm tight lipped about where I fish. Years ago I was fairly free with info but nowadays I go to lengths to keep my locations unnamed. The up side of that is that once folks know you can keep your mouth shut you get invites. Happened just last night and spent a nice eve catching snook and trout with a couple buddies who invited me along to a spot I hadn't targetted at night.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rik

Post by Rik »

SnookBait wrote: A couple weeks ago I got an email from an old friend from back in HS that I hadnt talked to in 9 years.
"Friends" don't do what he did.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Just remember inside every friend there is a fiend.
Credo quia absurdum
TRKpoker

Post by TRKpoker »

One of my customers is a boat captain. He has his customers leave smart phones at the dock when he takes them out to special spots he knows...if they refuse he just doesn't fish those spots. Smart phones even "off" aren't really off and can record GPS.
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

That sux, but it happens. It really sux whe an old friend treats you that way.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
jaeforceone

Post by jaeforceone »

I think that it is interesting to find these stories to always have five or more guys fishing the secret hole. I mean how can you share a hole with someone and he has the nerve to bring five other guys at the same time? just ridiculous. sorry for your loss
Native Manta Ray 14 Sand
Uniform6

Post by Uniform6 »

I was asked by someone I work with to take her "dying" husband, who is a bass tournament fisherman, saltwater fishing.

So I took him and his daughter out on a couple of occasions and we had some really good fishing. Good karma, right?

This guy loved it. Someone even ended up donating a boat for him to use (so he wouldnt ruin his bass boat) during his "demise."

Well, he never was dying. He still fishes the spots I took him to. He waves when I pass by.
Rik

Post by Rik »

There's a guy creeping in a spot this morning that I told him about. I've already received texts with pics of his successes. I know he won't tell anyone even though everyone knows about Cow Creek. Some guys you can trust, some guys you can't. It's a shame that you usually have to find out the hard way about who you can or can not trust.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Stay out of Cow Creek Damn it!! :joker:
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
jaeforceone

Post by jaeforceone »

I love cow creek :thumbleft:
Native Manta Ray 14 Sand
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

A fishing spot shared is a fishing spot lost.
Some people simply can't help themselves. I like the analogy of. "showing a fisherman a good fishing spot is like showing a crack addict, somewhere to get free crack, of course he isgoing to go back and of course he is going to take all his crack addict buddy's with him when he does."
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Rik wrote:There's a guy creeping in a spot this morning that I told him about. I've already received texts with pics of his successes. I know he won't tell anyone even though everyone knows about Cow Creek. Some guys you can trust, some guys you can't. It's a shame that you usually have to find out the hard way about who you can or can not trust.
I CAN BE BOUGHT!

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

I have a friend that not only hole jumped me, he spends the night there, calls the fish his pets and I don't even get invited anymore!

Might have to change the locks.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

We pioneered those fish, stay the hell out of our creek!
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton