Re: Flamingo didn't disappoint

Post by Norm »

Sounds magical Dave....and I'm dittos on the F'n spiders :!:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld
sfurman
Supporter 2010 - 2013

Post by sfurman »

Great report and pics, um are electric motors okay on this forum?? I am getting tired of paddling.
My posts are my opinion only.
Steve
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

One very noticeable and disconcerting anomaly was the lack of quality Snooky and in some areas any Snooky.

The Glades got hit hard and the recovery is still very much in its infancy.

In one particular area every spot that looked Snooky held fish but Trout not Snook. A place where before 2010 those spots would have held several Snook.

Only one slot fish caught in 3 days of 12 hour fishing session by 3 able fishermen.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Dustin

Post by Dustin »

John,

Interesting. We had more or less an opposite experience a few weeks prior. Pretty much every downed tree with a little nearby water movement on the east side of Whitewater held snook. We only fished them a couple days in favor of tarpon out on the coast, but it was snook city. Definitely the best snook fishing I've had in the Glades (either Flamingo or Choko) since the freeze. Have you traditionally done well on snook in C-bay this time of year?
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

That is interesting Dustin, maybe we need to venture to WhiteWater on the next trip

Yep typically the areas we fished have held lots of Snook, much more than Tarpon, maybe they have juts shifted there residence, thats greta to hear they are still around though, thanks for the feedback Dustin.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton