West prong, Little Pigeon River

Let's hear reports from other places.
Chief1600

West prong, Little Pigeon River

Post by Chief1600 »

Almost at dark last night, near the Ramsey Cascade trail head. I was the only one on the river, daughter said it was too cold for her. 7 foot, 5 weight bamboo, 7 1/2' 5X leader, #14 Blue Quill. Took a 9 1/2" Rainbow on the first cast, then a 10 1/2" about 20 minutes later. Beautiful fish, both returned to the stream for someone else to enjoy.
It was so quiet, almost a spiritual thing. This is why I keep coming back.
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Re: West prong, Little Pigeon River

Post by mauso1 »

It was so quiet, almost a spiritual thing. This is why I keep coming back.
Green with envy :mrgreen: Image
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
bluebill

Post by bluebill »

Just askin

Where is the lil pigion river???????????
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

bluebill wrote:Just askin

Tennessee.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

Todd wrote:
bluebill wrote:Just askin

Tennessee.
Damn! There goes my private, no one else ever goes there, honey hole! More specifically, we usually fish the Greenbrier area in the GSM Park. Decent access, but not much fishing pressure as you get further up the road to higher elevations. I'm still hoping to get a "Brookie" up there one day.
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
bluebill

Post by bluebill »

Chief - thanks for all the info but, I do not think I will ever get to Tenn to fish - I will be going to Western Oregon in August and will bring my fly rod to fish for rainbows up to 20" - I fish the larger rivers for rainbows - no browns in Western Oregon by decree of OFW Dept.- but there are brook trout to be had in the higher elevation creeks and lakes - also lots of smallmout bass in the lower elevation rivers
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
Wuluf

Post by Wuluf »

I know this is a late reply, but I was compelled by the post. I am from Knoxville, and I love going up in the mountains when I go home. The scenery is amazing, the air smells so clean, and the fishing is challenging and good. The Summer months are great to visit the Smokies, but you have to get up there early. Well worth the trip if you live in Florida and want a break.

I am fishing the Clinch River a few times next week. My In Laws live in Clinton, TN right on the Clinch. Can't wait. I may sneak a trip in to the Mountains if I am lucky.
Wuluf