Looking for bait near Lake Seminole

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
JC

Looking for bait near Lake Seminole

Post by JC »

Looking for some help. Tried to take my young kids fishing today at Lake Seminole, planning on some old fashioned worms or crickets fished under a bobber, but after trying four different bait and tackle shops and driving around for over an hour, I couldn't find anything suitable for freshwater. I guess I could throw a dead shrimp or even a cut up hot dog out there, but aren't there any shops that sell worms, nightcrawlers or crickets around here? Part of every fisherman's education is learning to bait your own hook with something slimy and wiggly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
prowler13angler

Post by prowler13angler »

Walmart sells nightcrawlers.

Petshops sell crickets.
JC

Post by JC »

Wow, I never thought about Wal Mart. I went yesterday and picked up some night crawlers and took the kids fishing. Thanks for the good info.
greyloon

Post by greyloon »

Shrimp is great for catfish. Meal worms sold at the pet shops (Pet'smart or Petco) are great for sunfish. Nightcrawlers and meal worms will live for what seems forever if you keep they in the refridgerator between trips.