Now that's a bluegill

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Now that's a bluegill

Post by Bigfish171 »

After reading all of yesterday's accounts of slow fishing, I decided to hit the Braden River this morning for some freshwater action.

It's not the same as the headshaking fight of a big redfish, but there's something thereputic in rolling a little popper under an overhanging oak limb and waiting on the !POP! that you know is bound to come.

I didn't get the big numbers, but the bluegills & shellcrackers I did get were biguns.

Also got a couple of bass in the 2 - 3 lb range.

Some of the locals stopped to watch, maybe hoping for a handout.

The water is extremely low, so I wrapped up the day by using my truck to pull a truck, trailer, and jetski up the ramp. The guy had backed off the end of the ramp, then slammed it so hard trying to get out that he blew a trailer tire. (hopefully that'll keep him off the water for a while) :twisted:
Dave
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

A river trip seems like a nice change of pace. Nice bluegill and way to slow down that jet skier!!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
fishpirate

Post by fishpirate »

nice bluegill, i love to catch those guys.
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

Nice Dave, I've been wanting to head up one of the local rivers with the flyrod. Good inspiration. Thanks.
- Jon
greyloon

Post by greyloon »

Nice gill. Been thinking about going after a mess, but the lakes and rivers over here are way up and the water has been muddy for 2 months. Nothing but catfish are biting well.
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

Nice bluegill, I've paddled but never fished up there.
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing