Lake Manatee?

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
NarcSgt

Lake Manatee?

Post by NarcSgt »

Anyone had any luck at Lake Manatee?
Silverspoon

Post by Silverspoon »

I havent fished it yet. It is one of my want to try spots. I frequently drive by it on SR64 and it does look like a very fishy spot. Once, while transporting horses, I went over the bridge that crosses the lake on 64 and just as I glanced to the south side, I saw a guy pulling a fish in. It looked like a very large bluegill or speck.
Cowgirl623

Post by Cowgirl623 »

We go fishing there every once in a while all we ever catch is bluegills, specks, and cats. I guess you just gotta know where to go just like anywhere else.
"Don't quit when the tide is lowest, for it is just about to turn..." -Jill Wolf
Silverspoon

Post by Silverspoon »

Cowgirl623 wrote:all we ever catch is bluegills, specks, and cats. I guess you just gotta know where to go just like anywhere else.
It sounds like you do know where to go!!! :D There is nothing better than specks in the frying pan and bluegills and cats are a close second.
Tonysav

Hot Lake

Post by Tonysav »

Fished Lake Manatee this morning with a friend 10/12/07 started at safe light caught over 100 fish by 1pm. Bluegill, Bass good size. Had to quit at 1pm but I'm sure it would have lasted all day. Lake should be hot for a while.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

YOWSA! 100 FISH!! :shock:
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -