Little Manatee River

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
NarcSgt

Little Manatee River

Post by NarcSgt »

Here is a fun time:

Little Manatee Canoe Outpost

Got there a little late in the day so we took our tandem kayak down river for a 5 mile tour. Nice and quiet tour with wildlife all around. The river had a nice current which made the trip enjoyable.

The staff at the Canoe Outpost were awesome.....even cleaned our yak at the end of the day! We will be taking the longer trip next time where they take you about 10 miles up river.....

Narc
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

WHat do they charge to transport you and your own boat? Used to go years ago when we just used their canoes.
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
Cowgirl623

Post by Cowgirl623 »

I went on a trip there in middle school with about 10 other students the water was very low so we had to get out and walk a few times but I had fun. We did the 10 mile but that was a lot of work to a seventh grader. Im wanting to go again with my mom, dad and brother.
"Don't quit when the tide is lowest, for it is just about to turn..." -Jill Wolf
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

Cowgirl623 wrote:I went on a trip there in middle school with about 10 other students the water was very low so we had to get out and walk a few times but I had fun. We did the 10 mile but that was a lot of work to a seventh grader. Im wanting to go again with my mom, dad and brother.
Okay, but your pulling your own kayak if its shallow!
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
NarcSgt

info

Post by NarcSgt »

The water levels are high right now so there was no getting out of the yak at all. The cost is $20 to transport on both trips that they have. The staff was awesome.

Narc
Budro

Post by Budro »

Is that the place on River Rd that you see signs for while driving on SR 64?

Did you fish at all?
Any Time, Any Where, Any Sea
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

Your talking about Ray's Canoe Hideaway. That's on the Manatee river. The Canoe Outpost at the Little Manatee is on US 301, North of Parrish, just over the Hillsborough County line. On the left side going North.
Jim - snooty elitist

Budro

Post by Budro »

Gotcha - thanks.
Any Time, Any Where, Any Sea