canals

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
bonefishwhisperer

canals

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

went freshwater fishing today on one of my favorite canals...had a gang buster day...got about 40 or so...a wide variety of species...bass, peacocks, cichlids, oscars, jaguar guapote and pickeral...the cichlids really hit hard...was throwing baby EP minnows on my 5wt
ray-uk

Post by ray-uk »

got about 40 or so
sound like a good time was had.

ray.
I'm not here to be liked. I do this for the good of the paddle-fishing community.
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Very 8)
Did you fish from the kayak? One of the canals near the Airport or a little further south?

I taught my kids to fish from the canal that was in our backyard in Plantation..some strange stuff came outta there but no peacocks.
All my boys caught their first snook there. :wink:
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

for canals I just walk the banks....much easier and faster...technically it is not the airport but the same canal system, C4...the airport is about 3 miles away...I live about 2 miles from the airport...had lots of fun and the cichlid actually went to my backing once
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

beautiful fish. :D
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -