Riverview/Brandon

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Riverview/Brandon

Post by ChrisR »

I live in Riverview, and do mostly saltwater, but would love to find some productive bass lakes in/near/around brandon/riverview/tampa. I have fished Medard without much luck in the past, but I do hear that it is productive for a lot of people. I would love to get into some Crappie as well, but have never targeted them, so I don't even know where to begin. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
JayB
Founder's Club

Post by JayB »

Medard Resevoir is a good start. I wouldn't launch a kayak there. Too many lizards.
Stereotactic radiation saved my life.

I may not be an angel, but I had a halo.
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

One of the pride and joys of the FWC is their success with urban ponds. There is one close to you at Stephen J. Wortham and I've always done well there. Many of theses lakes are stocked with specific species, so if you are targeting a specific fish, you might want to check their website first.

Make sure to take your license, the man patrols these ponds frequently (most of the times he is just collecting data for the stocking records.)

http://floridafisheries.com/pdf/TUP-map.pdf
Old School T160

Marion Jay "JayB" Brewington
July 26, 1949 - April 16, 2009