peacocks

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
bonefishwhisperer

peacocks

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

went to the local canal with my trusty 5wt...shredded the peacocks for a couple hrs...here are a couple pictures
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

The colors on those fish are spectacular. ...trippin.
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
Mother

Post by Mother »

Awesome pics, Cordell.
I bet those were fun on the 5wt.
“That brush beyond the big hump has been calling for a long time and maybe I better answer while I’m able” R.L.P
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

I wanna go. I wanna go!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Hmm, I would like sum of dat, I have a friend down there in Miami, I'm down there for work quite often, but he never takes me Peacock fishing, looks like a spot i could hit on the way home!
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
Vercetti

Post by Vercetti »

Nice...is that an EP style fly your chuckn' ?
- Jon
bonefishwhisperer

the usual suspects
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

Man! Once again...looks like you had a blast!
Stanley Steemer, carpet cleaner.
JoseC

Post by JoseC »

man, I wish we had those in tampa. nicely done!
Jose C

Hobie Revolution
bluebill

Canal Peacocks

Post by bluebill »

Great photos of your peacock bass.

I was in Kendall for a few days around the New Year holiday and wanted to try the lakes in Kendall but did not have access to a computer so gave up on finding a good lake. I see now where some record peacocks were recorded from a lake near where I was staying in Kendall.

Have you tried any of the Kendall lakes? Not that you would need to with the great canal fishing you have found.

I finally went out to the Krome Ave canals and got skunked.

Then went up to a lake in Pembroke Pines and did catch a big peacock on a topwater plug while fishing for largemouth bass.

Bluebill
Pine Island
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
bonefishwhisperer

there are big ones in there alright...I personally havent bothered to fish but one lake and its on the interstate and unknown...I actually live about 2 miles from the famous AIRPORT LAKES where the original stocking took place and have never bothered to fish there even though I see tarpon rolling there in the morning...I am very simple in appoach...I park in the shopping mall lot and walk the canal of choice...when I see the peacocks I simply cast and catch it...nothing fancy and most cast are under 20ft...if I dont see any I simply go to the next canal...never had to go to a 3rd...also its not all glamour because of the trash and also steep banks which you must sometime handline your fish but all in all it makes good pictures and is better than a sharp stick in the eye :wink: