Bass for Valentines day! Feb. 14th 2008

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
prowler13angler

Bass for Valentines day! Feb. 14th 2008

Post by prowler13angler »

After school got out my girlfriend had some time to kill before dinner, I suggested fishing and she didn't disagree. I figured we should take it easy and I really wanted her to have a great experience, so I surprised her and we got some bait, even though she is quite the scholar with artificial.

First lake we went too I hoped for immediate action. It took a little while, so we switched out and pit stopped at a second pond, just until the sun would descend and we would head back to the original area. After the switch, Jamie, lost her confidence and started to lag around. Meanwhile I was trying to boost up her energy but she didn't seem to cooperate. Working on my guiding skills, I knew I shouldn't leave her unoccupied for too long, so after 45 mins we returned to the first lake.

The weather was a little cooler, but things were about to heat up. First bait in the water only lived for a minute. I was baiting my rod when I hear, "It went down", followed buy a sharp tug and a bent rod. Putting down my rod I accompany to the young grasshopper whipping the fish in and pulling it right up on the bank, with a smiling angler this was a good sign.

With another line in the water I gave the rod to Jamie and asked her to hold it while I quickly prepared my second rod. She was still excited from the first fish and as I handed the rod to her I told her to keep an eye on the float, "Where is the float?" I looked out to a barren flat of water, and used some logic, "Jerk!". She yanked which pulled the hook from the large-mouth....

From here on out it was mayhem...She was forced to bait her own rod due to a tied up guide, but she was just as anxious to get a line out as quickly as possible, which in about 3 seconds would present a fish. For an easy half hour we caught fish none stop...By the end of the trip she was even able to cast out far enough to get her hook in the zone, and quickly hooked up!

JayB
Founder's Club

Post by JayB »

She's a keeper, P-13.
Stereotactic radiation saved my life.

I may not be an angel, but I had a halo.
paddlaroun

Post by paddlaroun »

You know woman just do that liking to fish stuff to trap you! The trick is reversing it to trap them. :wink:
Dan Native 12
"Sleep in fish late"

"I know the waters cold! Wet your hand anyway!!!"