Jiggs Landing?

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
BBabcock

Jiggs Landing?

Post by BBabcock »

Any experience fishing Jiggs Landing? This is right around the corner from me and would make a convenient stop. Thanks for the heads up.

-Brian
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

5 minutes from my house also.

I've fished there for many years, (not too much lately) and my experience has always been quality over quantity. I usually hit it a few evenings during the summer with the fly rod, and the bluegills average much bigger than Lake Manatee.

Beware, however, the parking lot buzzards! They're the feathery kind, and are known for eating the rubber from around your windows.
Dave
Silverspoon

Post by Silverspoon »

Where is Jiggs Landing?
noles

Post by noles »

Jiggs Landing (Evers Lake) is in Bradenton. It's the next lake I plan to fish in the near future.
BBabcock

Post by BBabcock »

Noles,

You are getting into this freshwater thing. You will have a hard time catching tarpon in Evers Lake come late spring. Let me know when you head down there.

BigFish171,

I stumbled upon the park yesterday and saw the sign about vultures. There was one truck there that must have learned his leason. He had lauched his boat and then placed a large tarp on top of his truck.

-Brian
Chief1600

Post by Chief1600 »

I was wondering if the buzzards were still a problem down there.
Jim - snooty elitist

"Of all pursuits mankind has devised to make you look stupid and uncoordinated, fly fishing is unquestionably number one." Jack Ohman, Fear of Fly Fishing
BBabcock

Post by BBabcock »

I wouldn't leave my auto down there without a tarp or something to discourage them. I was down at Mayaka State Park several months ago and witnessed the abuse those critters can deliver to the auto next to mine. OUCH.

-Brian
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

Absolutey...they are still a problem. The same at myakka SP.

Both the county and State have Warning Signs Posted..Good idea to heed them.

A buddy of mine put his bass boat in there (jiggs landing) a while back and the buzzards ate the rubber trim and the sun roof gasket off his Brand New Truck .

Costly ordeal..

Two precautions to take:
1. Park under the trees
2. Cover your "entire" vehicle with a tarp

The bustards will eat any exposed rubber.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club