FRESHWATER SILVERKING

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
bonefishwhisperer

FRESHWATER SILVERKING

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

its true...finally nailed one this morning...dont know if picture will get me in trouble...never completely lifted it out of the water...had to go in and take hook out which wasnt easy...fish swam away strong seconds later...small black muddler...15lb class tippet and 30lb flouro bite tippet

Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

The perfect sized 'poon.
Very nice.
Dave
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

Nice, I miss those things.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
bluebill

Post by bluebill »

OK BFW - nice tarpon but why did you call it " Freshwater King" ?

I am going to search for them in the near salt portion of freshwater Cape Coral canals as I have found at least one culvert where they can cross from salt to fresh.

I am still looking for tarpon to show up here where I found some that size last year while paddling the creeks and some flats drop offs.

I read where the big ones have arrived at Boca Grande Pass. It is a zoo out there - not my thing.
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

BFW, nice catch I love to catch poon that size.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

I said Freshwater silverking because I am in a fresh water lake bass fishing...got several peacocks and a jack crevelle also
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....