DEATH of my 8wt

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Used to doa lot of carp fishing in the UK, and depsite their poor rep over here, they truly do put a great fight!

I've never targetted them here, but man on a fly rod must be a blast.

I need to follow you around cordell, next time I'm down in Miami, seems you've got those canals really dialed in!

Maybe I'll get Eloy to put a lowjack n your car! :wink:
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
krash
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by krash »

Berry dropping trees are the best. I know a few places where the carp eat the green slime off the bottom in shallow water, you can see them tailing from a distance and would swear its huge redfish.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

SW, Live to Fish, Have Tackle will travel ... >,)))~> ~~~~
AndrewP

Post by AndrewP »

Nice!! I know when/where you first got the ideas about the berries .... 8)

So -- floating egg pattern, pink? red?
Disclaimer: Do not take anything I'm about to tell you seriously .......
bonefishwhisperer

Post by bonefishwhisperer »

you are correct AndrewP...the same senerio just a way bigger tree on different water...it has always been in the back of my mind ever since I seen that with you...finally I tried it...actually the 1st ones were caught on a black/yellow muddler minnow ...the berrie flies were waxy white....candle wax on chenelle ball and the other a faded reddish color...the waxy ones really float good...I use a small #6 hook and 8lb tippet
Gen 9:2 "And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered." .... even God likes Dreads....