Any or you fresh water guys?

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
Phnd

Any or you fresh water guys?

Post by Phnd »

Fish in the river, Hillsborough I think, in the area that crosses 75 near Bruce B Downs? It look real fishy to me. I'm wondering if its worth spending a day.
Phil
BayAreaReelService.com
fishpirate

Post by fishpirate »

Yes, the Hillsborough river is a fun paddle. I like to bring an ultra light with 4 pound test and fill a cooler with some panfish.
mauso1
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by mauso1 »

I'm wondering if its worth spending a day
Brim and bass..I've paddled the stretch fom Sargent Park to Morris Bridge or Rotary Park a few times.

When would you like to do it?

Maybe a BACK goomba?

Here's a link to various "trips"
http://www.canoeescape.com/wptrips.htm
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Pip

Post by Pip »

I like fishing upstream from Trout Creek park to Natures Classroom...lots of bass in this section. Fish isolated lilly pads and cypress trees or a combination of both are good. I fished this section last weekend, unfortunately it didnt produce as well as previous trips...but thats fishing...

I also like Dead river park to Hillsborough state park...the river is deep and SLOW, good combination for bigger bass. I have not fished this section much, since I just "discovered" it. I want to go back and fish isolated cover with a 8-10" worm. Warning: the horse flies are big, I thought they were going to carry my daughter away when I took her canoeing up there LOL

The best thing about the Hillsborough River is that if fishing is slow, just enjoy the scenery and wildlife. It's such a great resource!

Look for me in my olive Outback! Enjoy...

Phillip
Jackson Kayak Fishing Team
Orion Coolers
Bending Branches