After the cold snap!

General freshwater forum. However, please consider using the regional forums instead!
FlippinWorms

After the cold snap!

Post by FlippinWorms »

So, what are your plans after this recent cold snap. How do you plan on attacking the fish. Are you going to target a specific kind of fish? I am going to wait a couple of days and let the water become more stable and then bring everthing I got. No fish left behind!...LOL! After a good 4 or 5 days of this cold weather they have got to be ready to eat a couple of days later. Tell me your thoughts!
Silverspoon

Post by Silverspoon »

I know of a spot on the Hillsborough River at Flint Creek that is usually hot for specks and bass after the cold snap. I might just have to give it a try. I have not eaten a speck dinner in quite a while.

Post by 0119 »

The bass were bedding in my area already and only a few beds were still active. I was hoping for a good post spawn gorging to start. Maybe by Saturday's warm up some will be active. I have caught alot of bass during cold times, but probably only because thats when Im more likely to be fishing, enjoying the weather.
FlippinWorms

Post by FlippinWorms »

Silver let me know when you are going up there, I may join.
Duckbill

Post by Duckbill »

It looks like we'll have to wait on another cold snap :? . Weatherman says it's going to be a cold week. I would have gone today, but the wind is already up.
Isaiah 41:10
Silverspoon

Post by Silverspoon »

FlippinWorms wrote:Silver let me know when you are going up there, I may join.
I may try it next Monday. I have a full horsey schedule this week.
FlippinWorms

Post by FlippinWorms »

Hopefully it will be warmer! I am getting cabin fever from not fishing the past two weeks.
Duckbill

Post by Duckbill »

I drifted with minnows this morning in Lk Louisa in Clermont. I didn't get a single bite in 3-1/2hrs :cry: . I thought for sure I'd find some today.
Isaiah 41:10
FlippinWorms

Post by FlippinWorms »

I was the lake Saturday until after dusk. I saw some bass hitting the top of the watyer in the middle of the lake. Through on a mini buzz first pole and a top water popper on the second. I kept missing then!! Missed three good ones!!
1okbyme2

Post by 1okbyme2 »

Slow down your hookset. You're probably pulling it away from them. Try to feel the weight of the fish before you set the hook. It's weird at first because it seems like an eternity.
"They paved paradise and put up a parking lot" Joni Mitchell
FlippinWorms

Post by FlippinWorms »

I was realling as slow as I could. The popper, was sucked in and still missed. I didn't even set the hook. The buzz was moving as slow as I could get it to move and keep it on top of the water. It was almost as if they hit it once and didn't want it again.