RESULTS - PFTS #5 – My Lure is Better than Your Lure

Rik

RESULTS - PFTS #5 – My Lure is Better than Your Lure

Post by Rik »

Results with pictures posted HERE

PFTS #5 – My Lure is Better than Your Lure

The final event of the series is was held on Saturday, April 2, 2011. The launch area for this event was extra large, ranging from the Manatee River to the Ringling Bridge in Sarasota. The format was simple. Pick your confidence lure and use it all day. You can bring as many of them as you like but you can only use that one lure type all day. For example, if you picked a red 1/8 Slayer Jig head with Exude baby bass color plastic tail, that was all you could use.

The day started off a bit chilly but quickly turned into a beautiful Florida spring day. Bright sun, a wind that slowed to a breeze and temperatures that didn’t wear you out early. This is the time to fish in Florida!

The Pic n’ Sip was held at Tequila Beach on Manatee Avenue in Bradenton. This is one of our favorite spots that we return to every year.

The results showed that this is a great time to go fishing in Florida. We had 42 anglers compete and 7 of them caught a Redfish, Trout, Snook slam. Virtually everyone caught fish during the day.

Here are the results.

Slam Division:

1st Place – TerryB with a 69 inch slam. Terry took home $210 and a Polar Bear cooler
2nd Place – Bigfish171 (Dave) with a 55 inch slam. Dave took home $126 and a Wang Anchor
3rd Place – DaveR (Legend) with a 53 inch slam. Dave took home $84 and a Finatic Designs print

Trout Division:

1st Place – Noles (Phinla) with a 24 inch trout. Phinla walked away with a gift certificate from Masthead Enterprises.
2nd Place – 13 (Justin) with a 24 inch trout. Justin took home a gift certificate from Canoe Country.
3rd Place – ChisR with a 21.5 inch trout. Chis in now wearing a Paddle-Fishing.com hat.

Redfish Division:

1st Place – Heywood (Bill) with a 28” redfish. Bill has a gift certificate for Dogfish tackle to spend.
2nd Place – Tide1on (Steve) with a 23.5 inch redfish. Steve is now wearing a Paddle-Fishing.com shirt.
3rd Place – Dirksfishing (Derrick) with a 22 inch redfish. Derrick is the proud recipient of the PFTS Perpetual Jug Trophy.

Snook Division:

1st Place – Todd with a 26.5 inch snook. Todd will be shopping with his gift certificate from Holy Mackeral Tackle.
2nd Place – Native1 with a 24.5 inch snook. Native 1 got a gift certificate from Hook 1
3rd Place: Brunz (Bruno) with a 20.25 inch snook. Bruno is now sporting a Paddle-Fishing.com hat.

Once again we’d like to thank the SPONSORS of the Paddle-Fishing.com Tournament series!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
RockinNReelin

Re: RESULTS - PFTS #5 – My Lure is Better than Your Lure

Post by RockinNReelin »

A very BIG THANK YOU to Rik, Todd, MarkM, the sponsors and anyone else who works behind the scenes to make these FUN tournaments FABULOUS!!!

Congrats to ALL the winners in this event!! I can't tell you how GREAT it was to see the Gov'ner and the Legend together again!!! You know I love you guys!!
~Sharon~
Never lie to someone you trust, Never trust someone who lies to you.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

As Sharon said....Thanks Todd, Rik, and Mark.........Class Event,......
Congrats to the winners......Great Job......
Sorry I missed the Pic n Sip but circumstances led me to leave the water @ 11:15 and head home.......It sure was nice to get back on the water after 7 months.....and I got to fish with an old PF friend and good guy Steve(Tideoneon)......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

The brothers Llewellyn and home boy Mark put on a great show aa usual. Thank you all for all the work you do. Great to be back on then water with my buddy John. Fishing was tougher than I thought it was going to be. I caught exactly three fish. Just lucky they were the right kind.
Thanks again fellas. We know what hard work and sometimes a pain in the ass theses things are. Looking forward to next season.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Rik

Post by Rik »

I've said it before but the real thanks go out to those who attend the events. Without the attendees, Todd, Mark and I would be sitting there, lonely, bored and not getting to look at all your personal pics on your camera chips.

We do this so that you guys can have a good time. The real thanks go to all who have attended. Without you, the PFTS is nothing.

Thank you!
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

Rik wrote:I've said it before but the real thanks go out to those who attend the events. Without the attendees, Todd, Mark and I would be sitting there, lonely, bored and not getting to look at all your personal pics on your camera chips.

We do this so that you guys can have a good time. The real thanks go to all who have attended. Without you, the PFTS is nothing.

Thank you!
+1.

Here Here!
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Rik wrote:I've said it before but the real thanks go out to those who attend the events. Without the attendees, Todd, Mark and I would be sitting there, lonely, bored and not getting to look at all your personal pics on your camera chips.

Thank you!
Like I have any personal pics on my camera.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
MarkM
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by MarkM »

DaveR wrote:Like I have any personal pics on my camera.
We saved one nice shot of you from your camera...............
Bigfish171
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Bigfish171 »

Thanks for a great time. All your efforts are greatly appreciated.

I always look forward to the PFTS leg in my home waters. I was fortunate to anchor my slam with a very chunky redfish, one of two about the same size that fell to my Baby Bass Exude.

Congrats to everyone that enjoyed a first class event, and special kudos to my buddies TerryB, Native1, Dirksfishing and Dano. It was great to see everyone catch fish, especially the two who made their maiden voyage today.

Dave
Tide1on

Post by Tide1on »

Thanks to our sponsors, also a BIG THANKS to Mark, Todd and Rik. You guys do an outstanding job!!!

Joe - Glad to see you back on the water, sorry to hear you had to leave early and I hope everything is OK.
NATIVE Redfish14
Your Wallet - The one place Democrats are willing to drill

Steve
CooKnFish

Post by CooKnFish »

Great event as always. Thanks again to all the sponsors and staff that put these fun events together.

I've seen a lot of things at these events but today beat out all others...
Pre-dawn at the launch, John and Dave are taking pictures of each others bare butts. Later I hear they were seen coming out of the mangroves together. :shock:
Jeff outfished me. WTF?
And then there was this guy...
Paddles - they aren't just for the bedroom anymore.

~Mark~
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

We thought the judges would enjoy a departure from the mundane job of looking through the shots of boats at the launch. Braveheart Salute!

"SANCTUARY!!!"

DirksFishin

Post by DirksFishin »

Thanks to everyone whom made this day one of the funnest I've had in a while. It's great to fish with old and new friends! Rik and Todd you guys are awesome and Dave thanks for letting us newbs tag along! D.O.A. SHad Tail my new Fav.! Nothing beats a good rootbeer! I'll remember to hold onto my trout a little better on the board next time.
Derek

I hear possum taste like chicken.
Native1

Post by Native1 »

Thanks a bunch to Rik, Todd, and Mark for all your hard work making these events possible. I had an awesome day and I hope to have many more with you guys.

High five to my buddies Dave and Terry, also Dano and Derek (AKA The Newbies), I hope you two come back for more next year! It was great to see you guys out there. Congratulations to ALL the winners.

Rob
Leave me alone I'm in my nothing box.
saltwater_cowboy
Supporter 2007 - 2013

Post by saltwater_cowboy »

Congrats to all of the winning anglers today and pleased to see a great turnout among good friends! :cool:

Enjoyed the whole series as I always do and look forward to the next one!

To Rik, Todd and MarkM, I think this link will best express my gratitude for your continuing efforts to make this series so great:
http://i.imgur.com/oKoef.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh go on and click it, I'm not completely depraved well maybe just a little, but only in the Way Out There Forum :lol:
Mark

Here fishy, fishy, fishy......
Norm
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by Norm »

saltwater_cowboy wrote:Congrats to all of the winning anglers today and pleased to see a great turnout among good friends! :cool:

Enjoyed the whole series as I always do and look forward to the next one!

To Rik, Todd and MarkM, I think this link will best express my gratitude for your continuing efforts to make this series so great:
http://i.imgur.com/oKoef.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh go on and click it, I'm not completely depraved well maybe just a little, but only in the Way Out There Forum :lol:
yes you are... :lol:
Obama just traded 5 Mercedes for a Slinky ....Greg Gutfeld