Ask Gambler!

JoeS

Re: Ask Gambler!

Post by JoeS »

ChrisR wrote:
Gambler Lures wrote:QUICK TIP:

If you rig the Flipp'n Tube weightless it can be walked back and forth just under the surface just like you would a spook on top.
Thanks for the help and tips, Mike! TA Mahoney's is right by my office. I'll swing by there at lunch and see if I can pick some up.
Chris I just left Mahoney's they didn't have the Flippin-tube but Matt will get some in soon......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Gambler Lures

Post by Gambler Lures »

JoeS wrote:
ChrisR wrote:
Gambler Lures wrote:QUICK TIP:

If you rig the Flipp'n Tube weightless it can be walked back and forth just under the surface just like you would a spook on top.
Thanks for the help and tips, Mike! TA Mahoney's is right by my office. I'll swing by there at lunch and see if I can pick some up.
Chris I just left Mahoney's they didn't have the Flippin-tube but Matt will get some in soon......

Sorry about that Joe - we're working right now with our dealers in Tampa, St. Pete, and Sarasota to get stocked up so you guys have some tubes to start playing around with - TA Mahoney's will have them next week as well as Economy Tackle.

What I'd recommend is call your local dealer ahead to check if they have them in stock - if they don't just let them know about the tournament and have them reach out to their Gambler Rep and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for your help guys!

Mike
Gambler Lures
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Thanks for the quick response Mike.....Matt at Mahoney's said he will have them Monday(30th) he will call me when they come in on Monday......I will post it here when he calls......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

For you Sarasota area guys, Economy Tackle now has the flipping tubs in stock.
Last edited by Manning on Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Flatz Komander

Post by Flatz Komander »

Thanks Manning!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Gambler Lures

Post by Gambler Lures »

QUICK TIP:

To give your tube more weight as well as create a small air pocket in the bait, cut a piece of plastic from a used bait and insert it inside the tube. It's also a good way to keep the hook buried if fishing heavy wood/cover.

rugrat181
Supporter 2011 - 2014
Supporter 2011 - 2014

Post by rugrat181 »

Mike,
Wanted to take a minute to thank you for your advice. Never fished for bass and never used Gambler lures so I am wide open to instruction and tips. I'll be trying the tube lure out in the next few weeks...
It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Let's celebrate !!

Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club"

Dave S
Gambler Lures

Post by Gambler Lures »

rugrat181 wrote:Mike,
Wanted to take a minute to thank you for your advice. Never fished for bass and never used Gambler lures so I am wide open to instruction and tips. I'll be trying the tube lure out in the next few weeks...
Great to hear Dave, I think you're going to be amazed how successful it can be in the salt. Going to be posting a tip every few days and we're planning on shooting a rigging video next week so stay tuned!
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

TA Mahoney's Now has the 4" Flippin Tube in stock.....Various colors....including Pumpkin Chartruese
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Tried the 4" Flippin Tube on my local pond.......You guys are going to love the different actions you can get from this lure......cant wait until the 26th......
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

So Joe, are you a little excited about this one? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

:-B :chicken: :chicken:
Gambler Lures

Post by Gambler Lures »

Quick Tip:

If you leave the bullet/slip weight unpegged, you will get a more erratic darting fall than if the weight is stopped or pegged.
Gambler Lures

Post by Gambler Lures »

Hey guys and gals, we wanted to do a brief "rigging/how to fish" vid on the Gambler Flipp'n Tube for you. It's somewhat from the bass perspective but I think some of the tweaks can go both ways - might give you some ideas to play off as well. Looking forward to meeting everyone and shooting some vids of you guys whacking giants!

Mark R

Post by Mark R »

So how would you or could you, rig a treble hook weedless in a Flipp'n Tube? I know it's a stretch but???
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
Gambler Lures

Post by Gambler Lures »

Mark R wrote:So how would you or could you, rig a treble hook weedless in a Flipp'n Tube? I know it's a stretch but???
It would be a bit of a stretch. You can rig it semi weedless by Texas rigging the tube as in the vid, however before you skin hook the bait slide a treble hook over the offset shank hook and it should settle into the hollow area of the tube. I've actually done this quite a bit fishing for bedding peacock bass because they hit the bait so quickly it's hard to get a hookset. It's not super snagless but if you size the treble right it can be pretty snug to the tube and get thru most things.