Ask Gambler!

Rik

Ask Gambler!

Post by Rik »

Mike, Pro Staff for Gambler Lures, will use this thread to answer any questions you have about the lures we'll be using for this next event. Many of you are not familiar with tube lures. Many of you probably consider them a bass lure. Many of you are looking at them wondering how you rig them.

Also, if you see any other Gambler products on their site that you have questions about, ask him about those. There are a lot of traditional fresh water lures that have successfully crossed over to salt. There is one good example that most all of you carry - the Zara Spook. We picked the tube lure for this event because several of us have used it in the salt with great results.

Here's your chance to ask the expert. Mike is a very accomplished fisherman who knows the Gambler products like the back of his hand. Ask away, he'll be glad to give answers and advice.

And remember what your teacher told you in school, the only stupid question is the question not asked.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Flatz Komander

Re: Ask Gambler!

Post by Flatz Komander »

Great idea Rik. I was a little shocked when I saw what one of the lures for the next tournament was going to be. One thing that makes these tournaments so much fun is you guys thinking outside the box!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club
Gambler Lures

Post by Gambler Lures »

Rik we're pretty stoked to see what you guys can do with a Flipp'n Tube in the salt! http://www.gambler-lures.com/category_s/207.htm We'll be checking this thread periodically to help with any rigging/product questions so feel free to ask away! Also, we have some rigging vids as well as fishing vids available on our YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/gamblerlures as well as tips, product highlights, and some big fish to check out on our FB Page https://www.facebook.com/GamblerLures

Let the questions commence!
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Thanks for your support of our tournament series! I'm interested in the different ways to rig the Flipp'n Tube weedless. I'm also curious to know about it's density/salt content; Will this bait float, or sink? Thanks!
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Thanks Gambler for sponsoring us.....I will say as a few others have said I have used Gambler lures for bass fishing with great success......I have used the Flipp'n Tube in SW as well......The Vids are very informative as well......Question is Rigging Weedless can be a problem any tips I am sure will help all of us......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Gambler Lures

Post by Gambler Lures »

ChrisR wrote:Thanks for your support of our tournament series! I'm interested in the different ways to rig the Flipp'n Tube weedless. I'm also curious to know about it's density/salt content; Will this bait float, or sink? Thanks!
Chris, the Flipp'n Tube can be rigged weedless by Texas Rigging http://tinyurl.com/qyfrjze, you can also use jigheads that incorporate wire or brush weed guards http://tinyurl.com/4dtkj43. There are some slight variations you can find to the above approaches you can find if you Google "weedless tube rigging".

The salt density is fairly high on the Flipp'n Tube so the bait will sink slowly. Hope this helps and let me know if you run into any other questions.
Last edited by Gambler Lures on Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Thanks. The jig heard with wire guard video shows a pretty cool little trick. Does anyone know where I can pick some of these baits up in Tampa?
Gambler Lures

Post by Gambler Lures »

ChrisR wrote:Thanks. The jig heard with wire guard video shows a pretty cool little trick. Does anyone know where I can pick some of these baits up in Tampa?
Here are some local dealers in and around Tampa:

TA Mahoney in Tampa
4990 E Adamo Dr
Tampa, FL 33605
(813) 241-6500

Bett's Fishing Center in Largo
8926 126th Ave
Largo, FL
(727) 518-7637

Stones Outdoors in Lakeland
2300 E Edgewood Dr
Lakeland, FL 33803
(863) 940-4898
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

Mike, first thanks for the sponsorship. Second, this is pretty cool support - thanks again.
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Mike I have always used the Texas Rig for tube bait rigging(my Favorite way)....my next question goes to Rik...... Are we allowed to bring Bullet Weights to rig If we so desire????
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

What retailers carry these in the Sarasota area?
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Gambler Lures

Post by Gambler Lures »

Manning wrote:What retailers carry these in the Sarasota area?
Steve, can't think of any off the top of my head but tell me - who is the independent tackle dealer you normally get stuff from locally? Maybe we can reach out and get some tubes on their shelves for you guys to practice with.
Gambler Lures

Post by Gambler Lures »

QUICK TIP:

If you rig the Flipp'n Tube weightless it can be walked back and forth just under the surface just like you would a spook on top.
Manning
Supporter 2009 - 2013

Post by Manning »

Economy Tackle.
Being out on the water in the kayak is the prize. Catching fish is the bonus.

Steve
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

JoeS wrote:Mike I have always used the Texas Rig for tube bait rigging(my Favorite way)....my next question goes to Rik...... Are we allowed to bring Bullet Weights to rig If we so desire????

Yes
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

Gambler Lures wrote:QUICK TIP:

If you rig the Flipp'n Tube weightless it can be walked back and forth just under the surface just like you would a spook on top.
Thanks for the help and tips, Mike! TA Mahoney's is right by my office. I'll swing by there at lunch and see if I can pick some up.