paddles? for canoe question

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
charlie

paddles? for canoe question

Post by charlie »

whats better to use for a conoe? a kayak paddle or a canoe paddle?
whodog

Post by whodog »

Double ended canoe paddle.
Michael
Never mind.......
BlueCrab

Post by BlueCrab »

Kayak paddle for open water. Canoe paddle for rivers.
Old School T160

Marion Jay "JayB" Brewington
July 26, 1949 - April 16, 2009
vivian

Post by vivian »

canoe paddles take a bit of time to fully appreciate and actually use correctly. Kayak paddles are easier especially if you go from kayak to canoe.

I use canoe paddles exclusively now with my solo canoe. A ZRE medium bent shaft for general use and for finesse paddling and sneaking up on fish I like my Bell Voodoo straight shaft paddle. I find the kayak paddles noisier and the drips from water annoying.
Mother

Post by Mother »

I use a kayak paddle on open water too. But I honestly enjoy using a canoe paddle more. I've seen some paddlers I'd compare to ballet dances handling a canoe with a single blade. I can't paddle as fast as with the kayak paddle, but sometimes I'm in no hurry.

But after seeing Bonefishwhisperer use his push pole... I'm seriously considering trying that out.
“That brush beyond the big hump has been calling for a long time and maybe I better answer while I’m able” R.L.P
charlie

Post by charlie »

thankx for the advise dudes expect whodog which might be a betty. i've been using a kayak for a while but am stoked on the idea of the canoe. i'll be able to bring my oldest son from time to time and other times it'll be rad to carry cooler of brews and sandwiches. / or charcol and a grill for on the spot cooking.