Pelican castaway 116 dlx

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
gsellers1245

Pelican castaway 116 dlx

Post by gsellers1245 »

After owning this kayak for a little bit i decided to give it a little review

Pros:
pretty stable
nice storage room in front and rear

Cons:
a pretty wet kayak. Invest in scupper plugs or make your own
no drain hole by the seat so if you take a little wave you will be sitting in a puddle all afternoon
front rod holder mounted a little too far forward. I'm 5'10" and i have to scoot up to grab the rod
front hatch does not seal properly, i just added some extra foam so it will seat better
stock rod holders are mounted at a 45 degree angle outwards so if you go through tight mangroves they will get caught. and they dont stay put. I have had to retrieve a few rods from mangroves that stole them. I'm sure in open water they would be great.
uncomfortable stock seat that is riveted on
not alot of decent surfaces to mount additional accessories most surfaces are rounded

other than what is listed i can not complain for the $400 i paid. It makes a great beginner kayak
"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up."
-Thomas Alva Edison-