fishing from a paddle board

If you use one that is listed, please add a review. If a kayak or canoe that you would like to give a review of is not listed, please add it. This is also where you can show off your boat.
countryboy_ucf

Re: fishing from a paddle board

Post by countryboy_ucf »

If I'm gonna spend upward of $2500 on a fishing platform, it will be a down payment on a boat....
Nick F
Hobie Revolution
"More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own
story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me."
Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

fishin platform? what the hell are you talkin 'bout
yohan1973

Post by yohan1973 »

Rik wrote:One of these days we'll have to trade boats for a while. I thought it interesting when I first saw it some time back.
I've been eying those since they came out too (Versa board). My first thought was the same as yours though...I've been out in some whitecaps and that thing would be too much like swimming to me! I still think they are really cool though. I took the lame way out and picked up an old wind surf board about 4-5 years ago. It sucked! It's not a good substitute for a SUP. The best SUP I've been on was a Yolo Explorer. I wish I had bought it because the price jumped up on them greatly no less than a year after that (I could have bought it brand new for $900 but that was some years ago) I don't even know if Yolo still makes it. The one I really want to try is the Imagine Wizzard which although heavy, seems interesting. Oh oh, and the Alex rodrigaz Hooked SUP. I used to own a Flats stalker but didn't like it. Sold it about...2 years ago.

Rik, looks like you've got a Ultimate now. Last time I saw you I think you were rocking a grey/off-white Tarpon 16. I've looked into those Ultimates but couldn't make the leap. Looks like I'll be sticking with my now 10 year old Scupper pro. It's hard to find a worthy replacement.

I'm still trying to catch up with what's been going on here but has anyone here built a SUP? I made a big mistake some time ago. I had the chance to buy a Clark Hawaiian fish-board blank and passed on it. That's would have been awesome!
Stanley Steemer, carpet cleaner.