First Canoe

Introduce yourself. It all starts with your first post. Jump in, the water's fine.
dawg

First Canoe

Post by dawg »

I have lived in the Tampa Bay area for three years and have decided to get my own canoe. I have fished from land and been out on other people's boats and had success but my own way on the water was a must. I live in the South Shore area so Simmons and Cockroach Bay will probably be my most targeted areas.
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Re: First Canoe

Post by jbdba01 »

Welcome. Dawg as in GA Dawgs?

BTW - I'm in Fishhawk.

Deep in enemy territory,
JB
dawg

Post by dawg »

Def as in GA Dawgs. Way deep in enemy territory but I am not alone. Lots of Dawgs down here.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

"Hunker Down you Hairy Dawgs" :) :) :)
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
dawg

Post by dawg »

I miss Larry Munson. I like Scott Howard but Munson will never be replaced.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

I have no connection to UG I just raised English Bulldogs a few years ago and liked the Quote from Munson....One of my Bully's was a distant descendent of UGA#5 or 4 I really don't remember for sure .......
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
dawg

Post by dawg »

I love English Bulldogs but I have always owned pit bulls. I know they have a bad rep but they are good dogs in the right hands. I have thought about getting an English Bulldog alot but heard they have alot of health problems and need alot of attention and care.
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

1st one lived three years died of massive kidney failure....then we rescued the next 3 we owned but all a medical nightmare none lasted past 10 yrs old but I can tell you I would do it all over again....I loved those dogs and was crushed when they died.......Now we have a Boston(also a rescue dog) who is really cool and just as loveable.....we also have a 16 yr old Blue Tic Hound who we are about to put down.....she just can't function any longer....
Rik

First Canoe

Post by Rik »

Humans have ruined pit bulls. We took one of the most solid , loyal and obedient dogs and turned them into unpredictable whackos. It's a shame.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
dawg

Post by dawg »

I would hate to have to put down a dog. I have had dogs my whole life and I am always crushed when they pass. Its good to see people that take rescue dogs regardless of the breed. I lived in South Dakota a few years ago and bought a three year old Pit Bull from the pound and he is an amazing dog. He lives with my mom now because she kept him for me when I went to Korea but she wouldnt let him go when I came home. I also got a puppy when in 2005 and still have him. My dad kept him but I was able to get him back. He loves my daughter and is gentle with her.
Rik- I too think that Pit Bulls have been ruined. You have to really get to know someone to buy a Pit Bull from them. Alot of em are inbred and they only wanna keep breeding the aggressive ones. I love my Pit Bulls and wouldn't trade em for anything. Ofcourse I dont train them to be aggressive or anything though. But he is very loyal and obedient. I dont have to have him on a leash but I always do just because.
Rik

First Canoe

Post by Rik »

Dawg, pits used to be incredible dogs. Took the right owner to understand their personality as they are strong dogs. They've been ruined by the idiots breeding aggression to make up for their own lack of inches. The breed needs a break from humans.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Rik wrote:Humans have ruined pit bulls. We took one of the most solid , loyal and obedient dogs and turned them into unpredictable whackos. It's a shame.
We have a tendency to screw up a lot of things......
jbdba01
Mr. Fishing Reports
Mr. Fishing Reports

Post by jbdba01 »

dawg wrote:Def as in GA Dawgs. Way deep in enemy territory but I am not alone. Lots of Dawgs down here.
I'm UGA grad '87.

I'm planning out Fall fishing trips around the season - the first PF tourney (9/10) is when GA plays the evil one whose name shall not be spoken (SC). Time is TDB so I suspect that unless it's a 1:00 game (which they seldom do for that game - to bloody hot) we should be OK to fish and catch the game.

Then again this new corporate phone has HDMI output with 4G - we could probably watch the game on the water. If someone brings a TV we could watch it on the beach. Now we're talking...step one win PF tourney, step two get keg from proceeds of step 1, step 3 imbibe heavily as the evil one is exorcised. Repeat for TN (no exorcism required - Dooley is of the chosen one), AU, FL and Tech. Looks like we'll need more tourneys.

You may see me out there in the same stomping grounds as you in a white islander kayak or a yellow canoe with a big ol' "104" on the side with my son or daughter. Or the sailcanoe - same boat with a sunfish sail on pvs outriggers. Kinda stands out of the crowd.

We quasi had a very informal PF get together in Riverview/Fishhawk a while ago - maybe we should do another at some point.
JB
Ump608

Post by Ump608 »

Not a UGA grad, but born in GA. I plan on being interned at Vince Dooley's house, It's nicer than heaven........
dawg

Post by dawg »

Ill be looking for you. I have a tan madriver adventure 14. I normally dont do anything during football season but watch football but ill def be fishing before them this year.
Yaklife

Post by Yaklife »

Hey, new yak fisherman in da house..
I have been fishing the skyway piers and fort de soto for over a year now and have seen a number kayak fishermen (and women) and wanted to be in some of that action.
Just got an future beach angler 160dlx , got a good deal on a old inventory and did a little practice run this weekend around Davis island.
Any tips or comments about this yak...

I look forward to joining some of the yak convoys and learn from the yakxperts.

Live the yak life!!!