No fish, but a good day

Flamingo to Big Bend
Rooster

No fish, but a good day

Post by Rooster »

Well, I met up with Whodog to fish at Gandy, the tide was lower than either of us have ever seen it. In areas that I usually see lots of fish, or consistantly get hookups, were nearly dry. Did manage to see a two snook take a swipe at my mirrodine at the same time, but none of them got it :cry: We paddled around trying to find areas that were productive, but never found them. We then ran into another kayaker, and watched him land a nice sized black drum on dead shrimp. Although we didnt get the fish today, we did manage to scout out little structures under the mangroves that are normally covered by water, that would hold good fish on a higher tide so next time we should give them a try.
Whodog, it was good meeting you, we will definately have to get out there again on a higher tide, Well get some good fish, and now that Im workin first shift I will be able to go to those GOOMBA meets you were tellin me about 8) .
"I tell you now we won't give in
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
whodog

Post by whodog »

Rooster, the pleasure was all mine. I'd be more than willing to get together again. Your a good man, very laid back.

Yesterday definitely was a learning experience. Sure wish one of those snook would have been more committed to you lure.

BTW -
Got up very early this morning & found a new place today. Not much floating grass, good water movement & lots of action. You mentioned you were looking for new spots. (Other than the secret hole we were introduced to yesterday.) If you're interested in going just say so.
Michael
Never mind.......
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

Sounds great, Im up for anything on the weekends, and any time after about 4PM on weekdays. Just let me know, next time we should actually catch them fish. 8)
Without a vicious fight, We've been battered and left for dead, We've been beaten and we have bled-Versus the world" ~Amon Amarth
whodog

Post by whodog »

I'm going back tomorrow morning (Sunday) around 6:30am. Just need to be back home in time for the Brickyard 400.

Call me if your interested.
Michael
Never mind.......
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

I dont have a phone so i cant call, I will be able to make it though, same launch as yesterday 6:30 AM?
whodog

Post by whodog »

I was thinking of the new place I went to this morning.

http://cybermessageboard.ehost.com/padd ... hp?t=17622
Michael
Never mind.......
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

where is the launch at, dont know how to get to the Fort
whodog

Post by whodog »

Can you find the Dunkin' Donuts in Pinellas Park?

I can meet you there at 6am. Then you can follow me. What do you think?

Dunkin' Donuts at 7315 Us Highway 19 N (34th St. N), Pinellas Park, FL 33781
Michael
Never mind.......
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

sounds cool, I can meet you there 8)
whodog

Post by whodog »

6 am at Dunkin' Donuts in Pinellas Park it is. See you then.

(If needed, I'll check-in on-line once more later tonight & again in the morning.)
Michael
Never mind.......
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

its a plan then, see you there 8)
paddlefisher

Post by paddlefisher »

It happens to all of us, but a good day scouting is a good day....
"All men are equal before fishes" President Herbert Hoover
Rooster

Post by Rooster »

That is true, I learned that area very well, learning where those little spots in the mangroves, that differ from the rest of the shoreline. I did find out why I caught that snook, and why I have been seeing fish in certain areas, finding out what attracts them to certain particular spots along a vast shoreline. I found out on that low tide...Now when the water is higher, I'll know the areas to throw at. Before I was just throwing at any part of the shoreline, and hoping, now I can throw at that little concrete ledge that sits under the mangroves, or that log that sticks out from under it, or remnants of hurricane damages that are now lodged into that shoreline, creating better ambush points for the fish. I should be successful next time, if I can get them to the boat all the way :lol: dang barbless hooks tend to fly out when the fish leaps :cry: