uk report

Let's hear reports from other places.
ray-uk

uk report

Post by ray-uk »

Been away on the river trent for the w/end, its an annual charity w/end organized by fishingposts.com

We get together to raise money for charity, the w/ends involve fishing and socializing with friends old and new.

Here goes…..

Finally got there around 3:00 on Friday after having car problems, got myself sorted, tent up, rods rigged etc, but did not fish, spent Friday afternoon chatting to people over a cold beer or two, and then the local pub held a quiz with a fish n chip supper in the evening, with all money raised going to the charity (local multiple sclerosis center)

Sat morning and I was sat on my peg watching a beautiful sunrise, I had 2 rods out, had the pleasure to watch 2 kingfishers flying in and out of their hidey hole.
The colour of them was enhanced by the early morning sunshine, an amazing site.
Managed to catch a couple of small chub around the 2lb mark but never got sniff of a barbel, no worries, with the view I had, a barbel would have only been a bonus.

Ok, so I had to disappear for a while to get my motor sorted, while I was waiting for the mechanic, I took a bit of time to have a close look at the village church, now I have seen this church numerous times, but only from the car or on the way to the pub, its quite some building, some of the grave stones are dated way back to the 1800’s.

I got back in time to pig out on the fantastic grub that was cooking on the Barbie.
The grub and a couple of beers made for a wonderful afternoon nap, then it was time to have a go at some fishing.

Tried various baits/rigs etc, till about 1:00am, but never even had so much as a touch, not a problem, I enjoyed the evening, chatting away with various people, I got an excellent fry provided by one of the lads and his daughter, the wildlife was out in force, it was simply one of those perfect evenings to be on the banks of a river with a glass of red.

On the Sunday morning, it was a quick pack up as I was getting taken home by the relay truck, but not before mum came to show off her babies.

Whilst I was waiting for the relay to arrive, I had a couple of hours to sit around, chatting, taking in the glorious sunshine, even got a bit of fishing done using one of the other lads gear.

An excellent w/end indeed, it was only early this week that the w/end was confirmed, the weeks prior to it had seen the entire area seriously hit by the floods we have had over here

Ray.
I'm not here to be liked. I do this for the good of the paddle-fishing community.
Shep

Post by Shep »

Another great report with a beautiful set of pictures.
Just gotta love those old buildings.
New place, new fishing adventures.
pag_yaker

Post by pag_yaker »

Thanks for once again putting us in your pocket. ;)
Jerry White
Contributing author for Paddling.net since 2005
Contributing author for Florida Sportsman Magazine
Member - Florida Outdoor Writers Association
whodog

Post by whodog »

Man, you really know how to live. Thanks for the most excellent post!
Michael
Never mind.......
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

Just awesome Ray.................
"I want to help the helpless, but I don't give a damn about the clueless anymore!
ray-uk

Post by ray-uk »

thanks for the replies gents, now that we have got a break finally in this weather, i'm hoping to get out a bit more.

ray.
I'm not here to be liked. I do this for the good of the paddle-fishing community.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: uk report

Post by Todd »

ray-uk wrote: the local pub held a quiz
What is a quiz?
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Shep

Post by Shep »

Todd wrote:
What is a quiz?
It's a short test, right? :lol:
New place, new fishing adventures.
ray-uk

Post by ray-uk »

What is a quiz?
:lol: :lol: :lol:

ray.
MrSpectaculous

Post by MrSpectaculous »

Todd wrote:
What is a quiz?
It's a bathroom break
I think I can dance.
Bill
Ultimate 14.5
Purple Emotion GS
John
Guv'ner

Post by John »

Your posts make me homesick mate. 2009 we'll be doing so fishing together, that's a promise mate.
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." - Michael Crichton
BearsFan
Egotistical Prick

Post by BearsFan »

I have seen this church numerous times, but only on the way to the pub
Spoken like a true p-f.com'er.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"You think you have problems now? Follow your instincts, it will get worse" -Hatch
ray-uk

Post by ray-uk »

John wrote:Your posts make me homesick mate. 2009 we'll be doing so fishing together, that's a promise mate.
cool, looking forward to it bro.

ray.
xfactor

Post by xfactor »

Ray, your post always make me think I'm reading a small English Novel. I really enjoy them. I think you should contact a puzzle company with your photos. They would make great jigsaw puzzles.

Jimmy