Honeymoon 11/15

Flamingo to Big Bend
dna1964dna

Honeymoon 11/15

Post by dna1964dna »

What a beautiful morning, somewhat frustrating though. This is embarrassing, but I have yet to catch a redfish. Today was my day!!! But I blew it. :( There were tailin' reds for as far as the eye could see, but I couldn't get them to eat anything. Spoons, jigs, topwaters, DOA's, seaducer fly, they wouldn't take it. I came across a very large stingray that had a redfish buddy, he took a gold spoon but shook the hook. :evil: I did manage to land a few fish regadless of my redfish handicap. Two trout and a ladyfish. I was using a green and silver Top Dawg Jr., but a huge hit from what I think was a cobia broke my line. It managed to tear through my 30LB. shock leader . . . so's life.

Trout

Lady

Speck

I was happy with the day, at least I didn't have to work![/img]
loukiii

Post by loukiii »

That trout in the first picture sure looks an awful lot like a bluefish to me...
dna1964dna

Post by dna1964dna »

loukiii wrote:That trout in the first picture sure looks an awful lot like a bluefish to me...
My mistake. I thought it was a silver trout at first, but thanks for the correction. :roll:
kvongx

Post by kvongx »

Ladyfish are one of the most fun fish to catch given there acrobatics. Nice report.