Fishing Camera

apaulos

Fishing Camera

Post by apaulos »

Shopping for a 'fishing' camera in the $200 to $300 range.

The Pentax w60 seems popular with PF'ers. Abe's of Maine lists it for $250. I haven't called them and hope for that price it isn't gray market.

Any recommendations for other makes or models? Any preferred reputable outlets?

TIA!
YellowFin

Post by YellowFin »

Paul,

Picked up the Olympus 1030SW at Circuit City last month. They will match their on-line price in the store. Right now it's on their web site for $329. A little over the budget, but it's a great camera. Haven't used the Pentax cameras, but seems that Olympus is dominating the waterproof digital market. I like the menu operation and shooting modes. Even took it to the pool and shot movies underwater. CC also has the 850 model on sale for $238. It's an 8 mp model and only waterproof to 10' but still a good deal if you don't plan to dive with it.

Heard that Abe's is one of the few on-line camera shops that has ethics. Most will give you a deal that's too good to be true and you end up with a gray market camera and no mfr warranty.

Good luck!

Tim
JoeS

Post by JoeS »

It's about time you get a good camera to take some pics of your partner....... All I need is aboat to go along with your Camera and Thunder N Lightin are back in business.........
SandmanP

Digital camera

Post by SandmanP »

Sam's club(New Port Richey,Fl.) has the Olympus 1030sw for $317.00 10megapixel and 33ft water depth.Which is a good price. I own the 790sw(replaced by the 850sw) Olympus which for me is a good camera. I'm not real savoy with it or like to read directions but very happy with it. The kicker was I got it last year on closeout at target for $100bucks. Check Target for sure. Good luck!
Get Bent!!
rolle2259

Post by rolle2259 »

B&H Photo 299 plus shipping. I have bought from them many times with no problems. Just got my 1030 sw a couple weeks ago and really like it. Reading the reviews it seems like the olympus come out ahead of the pentax.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com
Get r done
apaulos

Post by apaulos »

Given the current trend in the markets, I have decided forgo the purchase and instead invest heavily in Gulp!

Thank you all for the input.
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Jerkbait wrote:Given the current trend in the markets, I have decided forgo the purchase and instead invest heavily in Gulp!

Thank you all for the input.
Great! ...so now you'll catch more fish and have no camera to flick them. Pauli-pauli-pauli... 8)
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
apaulos

Post by apaulos »

Yeah! But, think of all the fish stories I'll be able to tell since I'll have nothing to keep me honest!