Calusa Blueway Photo Contest

GO-Fish

Calusa Blueway Photo Contest

Post by GO-Fish »

There should be a lot of people here that can submit great photos for this contest:

SHOOTING THE BLUEWAY PHOTO CONTEST

The Calusa Blueway Paddling Trail is hosting its second annual photo contest, “Shooting the Blueway.”

If you have an eye for photography, this is the perfect opportunity to capture the beauty of the waterways. Take a shot from your canoe or kayak on the Calusa Blueway in Lee County, and you could win prizes and possibly publication of your winning picture.

Here’s how it works:

Categories: The contest is divided into two different categories – one for pictures of paddlers on the trail and one for nature photography. All photos must be taken on Lee County waterways.

Who can enter: Only amateur photographers’ work will be accepted.

Winners: Each category will have a winner plus two runners-up. Winners will receive an enlarged, matted and framed photo of their work. Selected entries may be featured on the blueway Web site, www.calusablueway.com , and on Lee County Parks & Recreation’s Web site, www.leeparks.org . Winning photos may also be published in newspapers, magazines or online.

Timing: Entries are due by Oct. 1, 2009. Winners will be announced at the fourth annual Calusa Blueway Paddling Festival, which runs Oct. 23-Nov. 1 throughout Lee County. A slide show of winning entries will debut at a location and time TBA during the festival.

Format and submitting: Submissions must be e-mailed as high-resolution photo jpg attachments. Submit one attachment per e-mail to [email protected] . Maximum of three entries per person.

Entries must be accompanied with:
• Photographer’s name
• Mailing address
• Phone number,
• E-mail address,
• Photo title
• Location of photo.
• Note: A model release form is available at www.CalusaBluewayPaddlingFestival.com if a person in the submitted photo is identifiable.

Cost: Submissions do not require an entry fee.

Questions: (239) 433-3855.
Last edited by GO-Fish on Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
265 (9/27 - 235) ----> 230 - 220?
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

Thanks Rob.

Want to be famous? :lol: I feel a road trip coming on.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
GO-Fish

Post by GO-Fish »

Let me know when.....
gatordave

Post by gatordave »

I'm down there all the time. Let me know when your going and I will meet up with you guys.
mikeB
Supporter 2007 - 2014
Supporter 2007 - 2014

Post by mikeB »

I'll go too.
GO-Fish

Post by GO-Fish »

Just a reminder the Deadline for the Blueway Photo Contest is coming up. Get some of those great shots in.

http://www.calusabluewaypaddlingfestiva ... photo.html
GO-Fish

Post by GO-Fish »

Here is my entry.

mudfish

Post by mudfish »

That's an awesome capture!
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
GO-Fish

Post by GO-Fish »

Thanks! I was suprized to see it when I was reviewing the pictures from the day.