naples bound

Naples to West Palm and south, including the Keys
sailnj

naples bound

Post by sailnj »

going to naples for thanksgiving and will be staying out by immokalee rd.
after looking at a map i decided estero bay might be the closest fishing hole. any suggestions on where to launch would be much appreciated.
thanks,
mike b
bluebill

Post by bluebill »

Try googling Lovers Key State Park. There are numerous launch sites in the park and in the general area.

Also, should be some launch sites near Wiggons Pass which is even closer to Naples
Be thankful for every day and especially those fine days on the water
ChrisR
Supporter 2010 - 2014
Supporter 2010 - 2014

Post by ChrisR »

There is a nice launch on Big Hickory pass. 75 (should be one exit north from Immokalee) or 41 north to Bonita Beach Road. Head West. When Bonita Beach road curves around to the right, It will be about 1.5-2 miles ahead on the right. It is next to a marina and condo building. It is right before a bridge. From the launch, head left to fish some docks on your way out the pass. Head right into the southern end of Estero Bay where you will find mud flats, mangrove walls and islands, and oyster bars.

If you want to check out the north end of the bay, drive north to Lover's Key/Carl E. Johnson boat ramp as suggested, or farther north to Big Carlos Pass.

Big Hickory and the south end of the bay would be my first choice followed by Big Carlos, then Lover's Key/Carl E. Johnson. It's one of my favorite areas to fish...Good luck.
sailnj

Post by sailnj »

thanks guys. if you get up to st. pete shoot me a pm and i'll hook you up with some of my favorite holes
mike b
Mark R

Post by Mark R »

sailnj wrote:thanks guys. if you get up to st. pete shoot me a pm and i'll hook you up with some of my favorite holes
mike b
Those are ALL Todd's holes, watch it!
"Likes smokey old pool rooms N clear mountain mornins. Little warm puppies, children and girls of the night"?
sailnj

Post by sailnj »

no worries todd. i'm just in town for the weekend and i'm still learning how to paddle without spilling my beer.
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

Rookies :roll: :lol:

You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM