Ozello Fishing today

Flamingo to Big Bend
BryanS

Ozello Fishing today

Post by BryanS »

I am a new member and very new to Kayak fishing as well. This is only about my 8th or so trip out. I hope to have some better pictures over the next few weeks.

Took off from Ozello this morning around 7 and it was pretty darn cold!! I have been catching lots of trout in the 20 to 24" range over the past few weeks, but today I ran into the Reds and Black Drum. I caught 4 Reds with my keeper at 24" and 3 Black Drums, two of them keepers. My usual holes where the Trout have been came up empty today. I am going to try them again tomorrow before the games. I caught my Reds on the Greenback MirrOdine and I caught the Black Drum on shrimp of course. Before today the Trout were all over the MirrOdine and the Gold Shiner Spook Jr.

mgmt edit - please, no jaw hung fish
Last edited by BryanS on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tackleman

Post by tackleman »

looks great. we are heading out of ozello tomorrow, getting an early start, bright and way to early at the crack of noon. ha ha . if we are able to finde some fish will post the pix on here.
Capt. Adrian Englert
http://www.mytimecharters.com
Native Slayer Propel 13
perception tribute 14.0
Native Slayer Propel 13
Native Slayer Propel 13
BryanS

Post by BryanS »

Hope you were able to catch a few today. I caught two little trout this morning and that was it. Rough day for me.