CRB VANDALISM - BURGLARY OF VEHICLE

Rik

Post by Rik »

The county has nothing to do with it. Create a "CRB Ramp Users Protective Association". Like the cattle ranchers did in the old west.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

Rik wrote:The county has nothing to do with it. Create a "CRB Ramp Users Protective Association". Like the cattle ranchers did in the old west.
I have no problem with that idea. The problem comes in on getting participation from all the users. At a public ramp with public access you cannot enforce participation for the security. However those that do not participate will still enjoy the benefit of the security.

It is like this... You buy a big umbrella to keep you dry. Then a good looking girl comes up to stand next to you. You do not mind because it is just one person and you are enjoying her company. Then one of your buddies comes up to get under the umbrella as well. It is a big umbrella and he is your friend so you still don't mind. Then a wino smelling of urin comes up as well to get the protection that the umbrella that you bought. Then the guy who swamped you with his boat comes in and tells you move over so he can get closer to the pretty girl. So one person uses his money and buys the protection but several others enjoy it. You can take the umbrella down but then you all get wet, you can buy embrellas for everyone or you can get the county to have anyone who goes out in the rain buy an umbrella or provide them.

I would be willing to bet that cattle ranchers had this issue in the west as well and the rustlers knew what ranches that did not have this protection. However this area is relatively small and unless you have the security officer identify the cars that do not participate in the security and allow thieves to harrass only those cars then I do not see how this will get the desired result in a just equitable manner.
Credo quia absurdum
Rik

Post by Rik »

There will, of course, be those that want to leach off others. This is one of those community watch things that only works if the community gets involved.

Too many want to complain that the govt isn't doing enough to protect them at that ramp. While I have some empathy, the govt is not going to station a cop down there 24 hours a day.

Besides, if the govt is pushed too much, they might just turn it into a county ramp and have it closed from sunset to sunrise.

The users of the ramp can certainly take the 'I've had enough and not going to take it anymore' attitude and do something about it themselves. Sadly, all those people that are no longer using the ramp are only making it easier for the bad guys. With less traffic, the pickings may not be as good but the traffic is down so getting caught is less likely.

Of course, the users could all just commit to one day a month of patrolling the place. Good old vigilante justice. Set up a makeshift entry gate way up the road. Stop every vehicle and 'inspect' them. Write down vehicle descriptions and tag numbers.
Over every mountain there is a path, although it may not be seen from the valley
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

It is a county ramp.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
mudfish

Post by mudfish »

Rik wrote:...Set up a makeshift entry gate way up the road. Stop every vehicle and 'inspect' them. Write down vehicle descriptions and tag numbers.
Devil's Advocate: While I'm sure there's nothing but good intentions in your suggestion, you're kidding yourself if you think everyone, hell, anyone for that matter would be open to being "inspected" by a non-LEO citizen, ...myself included.

And what would said patrol do if they catch or ID a resistant perp? ...and get hurt to top it off?
-Cisco-

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

- Eleanor Roosevelt -
SILVER K

Post by SILVER K »

How about security cameras? It would be alot cheaper than a patrol.
Last edited by SILVER K on Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heywood

Post by Heywood »

SILVER K wrote:How about security cameras?
You cant even keep the street lights working down there.

Break in's are just a way of life down there. Its nothing new.
"Anytime I shag a buddies wife I always cut the lawn when I'm done " ~ The Leg End ~
jayone91

Post by jayone91 »

It has been my experience that if you want the sheriff's office to address this kind of problem you need to go right to the top. I have always been successful when I email my concerns to the HCSO public website. Make sure you use the drop down box and say you want to be contacted, include your name and a good contact number along with a description of the problem.

Additionally I have gotten VERY good results calling for Sheriff Gee directly(813-247-8008). I have never talked to him but my complaints usually are taken seriously and I am redirect to a Major or Captain who makes sure my voice is heard.

I think if enough of us make this requests through their public website and enough phone calls are made they WILL take action. It is only a very small number of criminals committing these crimes, if they go to jail things will straighten out.
shallow pockets

Post by shallow pockets »

Some day they will get caught and delt with. Hopefully shot and killed by a victim of there wrath. Sorry if im to harsh. I just filled out my complaint on there website. Fair game is not an exceptable answer.
Jackson Kayak Pro Staff
NarcSgt

Post by NarcSgt »

Jayone91 had great advise......if everyone on this forum would call or write the Sheriff and the County Commissioner for that area......it will get patrolled.
shallow pockets

Post by shallow pockets »

HCSO public website

http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/default.htm

they heard from me the other day.
Jackson Kayak Pro Staff
jayone91

Post by jayone91 »

I'll post this link again. It takes you directly to the "contact" page of HCSO's website.

http://www.hcso.tampa.fl.us/contact_us/ ... n_form.htm
Swamprider

Post by Swamprider »

Homeless van guy is back. He was there Sunday hasseling people.
2b1 Ask one
Fishaddict
Supporter 2013

Post by Fishaddict »

Apparently tghe emails and complaints helpd. I happened to chat with a guy from Bradenton and he put in there Sat.. He said a HCSO car was there most of the day. No trouble... I do hope the level of awareness was raised. I did email HCSO and told them I would never fish on their side of Tampa Bay EVER again...
[b][i]Have Boat ... Will Fish[/i][/b]
NarcSgt

Post by NarcSgt »

Here are the politics of a Sheriff's Office or PD. The sqeaky wheel gets the oil.

If you email or call in a complaint to the top dog........he sends it to a District Commander who must assign.

If additional burglaries and complaints come in.......the District Commander gets a call to explain what is going on......

With all that said.......you know how to keep the heat on!

NarcSgt
jayone91

Post by jayone91 »

NarcSgt wrote:Here are the politics of a Sheriff's Office or PD. The sqeaky wheel gets the oil.

If you email or call in a complaint to the top dog........he sends it to a District Commander who must assign.

If additional burglaries and complaints come in.......the District Commander gets a call to explain what is going on......

With all that said.......you know how to keep the heat on!

NarcSgt
Couldn't have said it better myself.