any snook reports out there???? :scratch:
[color=#FFFF00]!!!malibu stealth-12!!!

a bad day fishing is still better than a good day working[/color]
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Re: snook???

Post by Todd »

There were a few caught at the PFTS last weekend.
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM
Hornetbear

Post by Hornetbear »

caught one about 17-18 inches under the dock yesterday on a doa shrimp. Looked healthy but skinny.
AnglerDrew

Post by AnglerDrew »

well i guess thats good new...

DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Didn't see a one today.
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
kneedeep

Post by kneedeep »

Out on the Gandy flats today and what a gorgeous day it was! Not only did I take home plenty of dinner in just 2 fish, I made to tower boats look completely stupid! :thumbright: Well, it wasn't that great, I guess.. :roll: I had already landed a 25 inch Trout before dawn and was about 45 minutes into a stealthy stalk on a school of upper slot Reds, when I finally hooked up with a 26 inch fatty. At that point, these two tower boats came "idling" through the flat only about a cast away from me!!!!!. Sterios blasting!, Standing on their Towers and talking about the fish that were supposed to be here, while running their 250 horse power peices of crap RIGHT through the middle of the school I had been following!!! My only justice was watching them stare in awe while I fought the healthy 26 inch Red into my Handy Garcia lip-grips! :cool: :lol: :lol: Afew minutes later I was fortunate enough to meet Scott, who is a quasi-newbie on the forum and we shared a bit of paddle-speak and laughed at the idiots who have lots of credit, but no brains. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As for Snook?, didn't see any... :lol: :lol: :lol: :tongue:
<SDFT><{
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Hornetbear

Post by Hornetbear »

Caught another small snook today. 14 inches. Same spot. Same bait.
pasco

Post by pasco »

I have been catching small 6" to 19" in port richey.
AnglerDrew

Post by AnglerDrew »

kneedeep wrote:Out on the Gandy flats today and what a gorgeous day it was! Not only did I take home plenty of dinner in just 2 fish, I made to tower boats look completely stupid! :thumbright: Well, it wasn't that great, I guess.. :roll: I had already landed a 25 inch Trout before dawn and was about 45 minutes into a stealthy stalk on a school of upper slot Reds, when I finally hooked up with a 26 inch fatty. At that point, these two tower boats came "idling" through the flat only about a cast away from me!!!!!. Sterios blasting!, Standing on their Towers and talking about the fish that were supposed to be here, while running their 250 horse power peices of crap RIGHT through the middle of the school I had been following!!! My only justice was watching them stare in awe while I fought the healthy 26 inch Red into my Handy Garcia lip-grips! :cool: :lol: :lol: Afew minutes later I was fortunate enough to meet Scott, who is a quasi-newbie on the forum and we shared a bit of paddle-speak and laughed at the idiots who have lots of credit, but no brains. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As for Snook?, didn't see any... :lol: :lol: :lol: :tongue:
towers are for cheaters...

Evan

Post by Evan »

Snook are still active under a few docks in my area, though I haven't really been targeting them. Just a couple casts here and there with a barbless fly to make sure they are still alive and well. Last one I landed was 25" and seemed pretty vibrant.

Just returned from a few days in Chokoloskee. Caught a nice Snook in the mid-twenties on fly, and a fellow camper showed me video of a massive Snook (at least 3 feet long!) he caught on an artificial that same morning, along with 8-10 others.

So yeah, they're still around, just not quite like before...
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
AnglerDrew

Post by AnglerDrew »

thats great!!! :-B :-B :-B :cheers: :thumbleft:

Evan

Post by Evan »

Look what I found cruising an oyster bar at high tide yesterday after work. Was targeting Reds when this fish hit a gold spoon out of nowhere. Sorry the pic is crummy, but I was focused on getting her in and out of the boat as quickly and gently as possible...
Everyone is entitled to my opinion
DaveR
Supporter 2007 - 2012

Post by DaveR »

Good to see!
Senior Exalted Pro Staff Member of the Paddle-Fishing.com Kayak & Canoe Anglers Club

"SANCTUARY!!!"

Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
islander

Post by islander »

They are out and hitting in Lemon Bay. Lost 3.
www.lemonbayconservancy.org
justabucup

Post by justabucup »

I want to know what Evan is doing with a spinning rod and spoon.
Credo quia absurdum
Todd
PFTS Chairman
PFTS Chairman

Post by Todd »

justabucup wrote:I want to know what Evan is doing with a spinning rod and spoon.
Posing as a fly fisherman. Now we know what goes on behind closed doors at Evan's house, he secretly massages his spinning reels. :lol:
You know what La Quinta means in English? Behind Dennys. MarkM